Windows 10: Text accasionally blurry in some applications

Discus and support Text accasionally blurry in some applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; frequently, text will go blurry and smeary, frequently when focus on a minimized application, but it goes away on mouseover. Turning off "Fix scaling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Naso4265, May 18, 2020.

1. Naso4265 Win User

Text accasionally blurry in some applications

frequently, text will go blurry and smeary, frequently when focus on a minimized application, but it goes away on mouseover. Turning off "Fix scaling for apps" fixes this, but then the text is constantly blurry, though not as bad as with that setting turned on.

:)

Naso4265, May 18, 2020
  2. rezarawat Win User

Blurry text in applications on windows 10

Hi i am running windows 10 professional on my dell inspiron 5521, everything seems to be woring fine except for the fact that some applications show slight blurry text and this is only in applications and not on desktop text or other rext such a MS Word, i do not know if it is the drivers or not.

Display Drivers are:
    AMD Radeon HD 8730M
    Intel HD Graphics 4000

ill include pictures and notice the blurry text on the left and clear one on the right

Text accasionally blurry in some applications [​IMG]

The blurry text may only be slight but it is annoying when using applications,
    any help would be highly appreciated.
    thank you

rezarawat, May 18, 2020
  3. Mooly Win User

Did you try what Teknobug suggested ? Right click the program launcher, select properties and then compatability. Tick the box as shown.

You can also alter this in the program files for the relevant program in the same way. Right click the executable file that launces the program and alter it there. I've had to do this for several programs in W10

Text accasionally blurry in some applications [​IMG]

Mooly, May 18, 2020
  4. rezarawat Win User

Thanks ceauke setting it to 100% made every application text super clear but now the problem is I want my scale at 135 as 100 is too small. But how do I make every application have the 100% text clarity instead of checking "doable display scaling on high DPI settings" for each and every application. Such as device manager, that can't be done so the text is blurry

rezarawat, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Text accasionally blurry in some applications - Similar Threads - Text accasionally blurry

2. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  3. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  4. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blurry text in some apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry text in some apps.: I have Windows 10 64 bit Build 2004 with a 1920 x 1080 screen. In some apps Like Bit-defender or Task Manager the text is slightly fuzzy but, in most other apps Chrome, Settings, File explorer etc. the text is fine. I have re-calibrated the screen and checked the resolution...
  6. Blurry Text in some apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text in some apps.: [ATTACH] In some text seems a little blurry and fuzzy, creates irritation. Please help me in fixing this. Windows 10 V2004 Intel and Amd Radeon 430 Graphics card...
  7. Some applications appear blurry...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some applications appear blurry...: So basically, my new laptop has a 1080p screen. Some applications such as first class (email) and others appear in lower resolution or/and are not very sharp. I have turned on the setting which makes windows "unblurry" apps but it did not change anything. Furthermore, I...
  8. Blurry fonts in some applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry fonts in some applications: [ATTACH] Faced the problem of blurring the fonts of some applications (presumably using / written using node.js). Observed in visual studio installer and VS Code. Problems started after installing Elixir through the chocolatey package manager. It all looks something like...
  9. Some applications look blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Some applications look blurry: how can I solve that? before windows 10 those applications looked nicer than now 17752
  10. Blurry text in applications on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text in applications on windows 10: Hi i am running windows 10 professional on my dell inspiron 5521, everything seems to be woring fine except for the fact that some applications show slight blurry text and this is only in applications and not on desktop text or other rext such a MS Word, i do not know if it...