Windows 10: Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry

Discus and support Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.Yesterday, my pc encountered a glitch where the text of certain programs become blurry,this does not include web browsers, discord and file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThijnDouwma, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry

Hello.Yesterday, my pc encountered a glitch where the text of certain programs become blurry,this does not include web browsers, discord and file explorer, for some unknown reason.I assumed it would go away after I restarted my pc, but that did not happen, which is why I am making this question.It also becomes more blurry over time, if I let it be without touching it for a minute it becomes much more blurry.But when I touch it again, the blur goes away temporarily few secondsI have not installed anything new when this happened.I have GeForce Experience driver version 526.47 latest as of now

:)

ThijnDouwma, Nov 7, 2022

2. Text blurrying out casually?

Hi Alessio, welcome to the Microsoft community, my name is Bruno Leonel, I am happy to help you.

I understand that you're having issues with blurry text on your new monitor, and I'm really sorry about that. I will try to help you in the best possible way.

In some cases, the problem can be caused by a loose or faulty cable.

See if the cable is tight on the monitor and also on the computer. If the problem persists, consider replacing the cable.

I suggest initially that you try to perform the steps below:

Step 1

Use ClearType

Open the menu and search for "Adjust ClearType Text" and click trim to open.

Follow the steps on the screen that will open.

step 2

Click "Start Menu" and click "Settings" > "System".

In "System", click "Display", the option "Change the size of text, apps and other items", set it to 100%. If it already is, go to the next step.

step 3

Open Windows 10/11 search and type fix blurry apps. In the list of options, click Fix apps that are blurry settings.

This will open the Advanced Scaling Settings page.

You need to enable the toggle button behind 'Let Windows try to fix apps so they aren't blurry'

step 4

Update the video driver by the manufacturer.

Press Win + R keys and type MSinfo32.

Check the manufacturer and access the website, download the video driver and install it.

If you have an NVIDIA or RADEON graphics card, search for the card model and install the latest driver version.

If the answer helped in any way, please mark it as an answer, if your question has not been solved, please post again.

I hope I helped, see you later!

Bruno A. Leonel, Nov 7, 2022
  3. Jason Win User
    Blurry text in some programs Windows 10

I am having problems with blurry text in some programs, which is very annoying. When I focus the window, it does sharpen the text, but it is still not normal. The weird part is that some part is blurry, while the text below it is normal

Blurry text

Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry fB5ai.png

Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry O029S.png

Some text is blurry while the text below is normal

Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry hVEcS.png

What can I do to fix this problem? I've tried DPI scaling in Windows properties, changing my scaling in both Windows and Nvidia, I've tried the "fix blurry text" option in Windows, I've tried resetting fonts. I've tried Cleartype. Nothing seems to work. Some programs like Chrome and Intellij are normal, while other have this problem (for example Visual Studio Code here or Github).

Note: It happens on both my 1080P screens and my 1440P screen

EDIT:
    As suggested, this thread appears to be similar, however, I have disabled intel HD graphics.

Jason, Nov 7, 2022
  4. Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry

Blurry text in windows 10 in some programs

Thank you for the feedback, JK. Have you tried to adjust the compatibility settings of the Microsoft Office programs? If you haven't, then let's adjust it to improve its appearance. Follow these steps:

• Click the Windows icon, then File Explorer.
    • Open Microsoft Office folder.
    • Right-click the icon of the Office program with blurry text and click
      Properties
    • Click the Compatibility tab and check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 7, 2022
Thema:

Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry

1. Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry - Similar Threads - Text graphics certain

2. Blurry text in certain pages in the xbox Gamepass for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry text in certain pages in the xbox Gamepass for PC: I get blurry text on the credit card page on my Xbox Gamepass for PC app. This is on my 1080p monitor which is connected to my laptop.How do I fix this?See the following image:...
  3. Blurry text in certain pages in the xbox Gamepass for PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry text in certain pages in the xbox Gamepass for PC: I get blurry text on the credit card page on my Xbox Gamepass for PC app. This is on my 1080p monitor which is connected to my laptop.How do I fix this?See the following image:...
  4. Blurry Text in Program Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry Text in Program Windows: I am having an issue where any window that I have open for a program, I get blurry text in the window. Doesn't matter which monitor I am viewing on. This just seemed have started. I have gone through all settings, reset settings, updated all drivers and still get the problem....
  5. Blurry Text in Program Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry Text in Program Windows: I am having an issue where any window that I have open for a program, I get blurry text in the window. Doesn't matter which monitor I am viewing on. This just seemed have started. I have gone through all settings, reset settings, updated all drivers and still get the problem....
  6. Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry: Hello.Yesterday, my pc encountered a glitch where the text of certain programs become blurry,this does not include web browsers, discord and file explorer, for some unknown reason.I assumed it would go away after I restarted my pc, but that did not happen, which is why I am...
  7. Programs with blurry text and UI elements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs with blurry text and UI elements: When I launch any program in Windows, the text is alright. After some time or in case of Adobe Programs immediately start to have blurry text, and some user interface elements, such as buttons or in general, anything rounded. When the blurriness starts to occur, the...
  8. System elements and certain programs are blurry

System elements and certain programs are blurry: Hi all, On my laptop's built in display Lenovo ThinkPad T440s, many system elements, dialogue boxes and programs are blurry, whilst some are not. I've attached the examples of a properties window and task manager. My display scaling is set to 150%. When at 100%,...
  9. Certain programs look muddy, blurry.

Certain programs look muddy, blurry.: Hi there. So I've come across an issue that I've had for a while, but recently has become more prevalent. Some programs after a while start to look super muddy see in the attached image. currently it's mostly happening to the program called atom, and I have had it with...
  10. Blurry text on some windows and programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blurry text on some windows and programs: I recently acquired an MSI GX60 laptop which I installed Windows 10 onto, after it installed all its drivers and software automatically (something I particularly love about Windows 10 as opposed to Windows 7 & 8) it took me a while to notice that some programs would show a...