Windows 10: Text and Icons minimised

Discus and support Text and Icons minimised in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing the latest update to 21H1 I find my text and Icons are minimised to be nearly unreadable.Can anyone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TerenceSutton, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Text and Icons minimised

After installing the latest update to 21H1 I find my text and Icons are minimised to be nearly unreadable.Can anyone help?

:)

TerenceSutton, Jun 1, 2021

2. Missing Desktop Icon Text

Not sure what happen here. I have scanned this rig with Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, Combofix, SmitfraudFix, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator and have found nothing.

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

as you can see in the pic, the icons are there but the text is missing. I can click on some of the icons, but other ones I click and nothing happens. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks...

Morrison5891, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    text under icons

Hello Chris,

Regarding your concern, we can change the Desktop icon text color in another way around. We found another thread, which have the same concern, that contains an action to change the Desktop icon text color. We recommend that you follow the steps given by
    Miseasa on this link to check if the suggested action
    works.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Joe Men Win User

Text and Icons minimised

Speech to Text on Windows 10 Mobile (On Lumia ICON-Verizon)

Hello,
    FT-1960

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. I understand that the speech to text function has been removed from your messaging and email after upgrading your Lumia ICON to Windows 10 Mobile.

You can use the speech to text function by using Cortana.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Launch Cortana.
    2. Tap on the Mic icon.
    3. Say the keyword "Send a text message".
      • Cortana will ask who do you want to text. Provide the contact name of the person whom you want to text and the text message that you want to send.
    4. Cortana will then ask if you would like to send or add more. Press the
      Mic icon
      again and say your command.
    I understand that this process may be tedious. Please use
    Feedback Hub
    app to help make Windows Mobile better. Share your suggestions and concerns by using the said app.

You may also use a third party app called
    Text-To-Speech

Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Text and Icons minimised

1. Text and Icons minimised - Similar Threads - Text Icons minimised

2. No icons just text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No icons just text: also control panel doesn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-icons-just-text/ccc89413-8600-4e50-8a23-af022bafe2d3
  3. Snip minimising

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip minimising: Every time I do a snip with the snipping tool, the program minimises so that I have to click it again to reopen it to save the snip. How do I stop it doing this. Never happened on W10.Running W11, 22H2, build 22621.1265Any help appreciated....
  4. Snip minimising

Snip minimising: Every time I do a snip with the snipping tool, the program minimises so that I have to click it again to reopen it to save the snip. How do I stop it doing this. Never happened on W10.Running W11, 22H2, build 22621.1265Any help appreciated....
  5. icon text color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon text color: I want to change the desktop icon text color. Using Themes doesn't do what I want. ANy suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-text-color/95e395f2-e21a-4b08-bf2c-b6a146febcca
  6. icon text color

icon text color: I want to change the desktop icon text color. Using Themes doesn't do what I want. ANy suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-text-color/95e395f2-e21a-4b08-bf2c-b6a146febcca
  7. icon text color

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. No icons, just text

No icons, just text: Hi, all the icons on my desktop vanished. There is only text left. Same goes for the file explorer. I tried multiple things but nothing worked. Can anybody help`[ATTACH]...
  9. Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open

Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open: I thought, in past versions of Windows, there was a way to keep application icons minimised in the Taskbar when the app was launched/open. If there is in v10, I can't find it. On my laptop Surface Book 2 icons do remain minimised. On my desktop computer, or when I connect...
  10. icon text

in Windows 10 Support
    icon text: The area in the display settings to change font sizes etc is grayed out and I can not find any way to make my various text sizes bold... pls adv. 12081