Windows 10: Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons.

Discus and support Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My cat trod on my keyboard when she was going to her sheepskin mat next to the monitor (she often sleeps there) since then the text in the browser and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BeverleyFriend, May 10, 2017.

1. Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons.

My cat trod on my keyboard when she was going to her sheepskin mat next to the monitor (she often sleeps there) since then the text in the browser and wordprocessing programs and notepad is in boxes and I cannot manage to cure the problem. Any ideas?
    Bev.

:)

BeverleyFriend, May 10, 2017

2. Desktop apps appear only in Marlett font?

My desktop, Control Panel, File Explorer, Taskbar, and all desktop apps appear in an icon font called Marlett

Text is illegible.

Modern Apps like Microsoft Edge and the Windows Store, and the Start menu are NOT affected.

carstenmjonas, May 10, 2017
  3. Windows 10 start menu missing icon

Pinning the app from All Apps to the start menu works just fine to put the app in the start menu. However, there is still no icon associated with the app. Only a blank box of random solid colors. Even if the apps have an icon in All Apps it will not show
    up when I pin it to the start menu. When I create a desktop shortcut, the icon appears on the desktop. This issue only occurs for a few apps.

William Kochevar, May 10, 2017
  4. Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons.

Well, you could keep your cat off the keyboard............................

Have you tried a system restore to a point before this happened?

indianacarnie, May 10, 2017
Thema:

Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons.

1. Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons. - Similar Threads - Text appears boxes

2. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  3. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  4. I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.: Someone kindly tell me how to fix it : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-these-white-boxes-appearing-infront-of-my/1ada117e-fa7a-4515-83d6-06272169dbce
  5. I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.: Someone kindly tell me how to fix it : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-these-white-boxes-appearing-infront-of-my/1ada117e-fa7a-4515-83d6-06272169dbce
  6. When I switch desktops, there is a small black box that appears with the text 'Desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switch desktops, there is a small black box that appears with the text 'Desktop...: I just activated the Canary Insider build, which was the first time I noticed this box. It only lasts for ~3 seconds, but stays if I keep clicking on it....
  7. When I switch desktops, there is a small black box that appears with the text 'Desktop...

When I switch desktops, there is a small black box that appears with the text 'Desktop...: I just activated the Canary Insider build, which was the first time I noticed this box. It only lasts for ~3 seconds, but stays if I keep clicking on it....
  8. Random text boxes that appear on my screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random text boxes that appear on my screen.: I get text boxes on my screen that appear, move around and disappear randomly that get in the way of seeing things on screen. WHat are these. Have photo to share...
  9. Apps icons don't appear on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps icons don't appear on my desktop: Hello, Can someone please help me resolve a problem with my computer? The problem is that the icons of apps do not appear on my desktop. In other words, I cannot access my desktop. Also, when I open a browser from the Start menu, it doesn't come out well. For example, I...
  10. Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D

Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D: When I try to create a text box on top of a photo, I get nothing - nada, zero, zilch. Here are the steps I'm taking: 1. right click on a jpeg file and select "edit with paint 3D" 2.click on "T" (text) at the top, hover over the area I want my text box and click again....