Windows 10: Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons.

Discus and support Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My cat trod on my keyboard when she was going to her sheepskin mat next to the monitor (she often sleeps there) since then the text in the browser and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BeverleyFriend, May 10, 2017.

1. Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons.

My cat trod on my keyboard when she was going to her sheepskin mat next to the monitor (she often sleeps there) since then the text in the browser and wordprocessing programs and notepad is in boxes and I cannot manage to cure the problem. Any ideas?
    Bev.

:)

BeverleyFriend, May 10, 2017

2. Desktop apps appear only in Marlett font?

My desktop, Control Panel, File Explorer, Taskbar, and all desktop apps appear in an icon font called Marlett

Text is illegible.

Modern Apps like Microsoft Edge and the Windows Store, and the Start menu are NOT affected.

carstenmjonas, May 10, 2017
  3. Windows 10 start menu missing icon

Pinning the app from All Apps to the start menu works just fine to put the app in the start menu. However, there is still no icon associated with the app. Only a blank box of random solid colors. Even if the apps have an icon in All Apps it will not show
    up when I pin it to the start menu. When I create a desktop shortcut, the icon appears on the desktop. This issue only occurs for a few apps.

William Kochevar, May 10, 2017
  4. Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons.

Well, you could keep your cat off the keyboard............................

Have you tried a system restore to a point before this happened?

indianacarnie, May 10, 2017
Thema:

Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons.

1. Text appears in boxes in all my apps but not on desktop icons. - Similar Threads - Text appears boxes

2. Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons keep appearing on my Desktop: Recently I purchased a new Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD Notebook running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time, icons for programs would appear on my desktop. The main culprit being Hotspot Shield VPN. I've deleted these icons several times and they still keep...
  3. Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D: When I try to create a text box on top of a photo, I get nothing - nada, zero, zilch. Here are the steps I'm taking: 1. right click on a jpeg file and select "edit with paint 3D" 2.click on "T" (text) at the top, hover over the area I want my text box and click again....
  4. "Desktop" icon not appearing

"Desktop" icon not appearing: Hello, I helped a user take his Desktop and change the location to his one drive, which promplty migrated the files to his onedrive no problem. The issue is, we didnt set up a Desktop folder on the onedrive first so, all the files are just listed in the base directory. Now...
  5. Desktop icon text color

Desktop icon text color: The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon...
  6. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  7. Not all of my desktop icons show

Not all of my desktop icons show: I connected by usb to a asus portable screen, for some reason now my desktop icons do not all show. Some do, others do not and the icons are showing the full name instead of an abbreviated name. This means that about 24 icons take up my full screen. I know how to use the view...
  8. my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup

my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup: icon do not appear on my desktop on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/my-icon-do-not-appear-on-my-desktop-on-startup/1fc35e8a-ad6f-4d27-a084-5c79b48d4065
  9. Is there a way to disable this text box that keeps appearing?

Is there a way to disable this text box that keeps appearing?: So this text box appears whenever i am using the Korean setting on my keyboard, it prevents me from actually typing and i cannot seem to find a way to disable it, any advice? [ATTACH]...
  10. Ghost icons appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost icons appearing on desktop: Very recently, I have gotten over 40 ghost like icons on the desktop, intermingled with the normal icons. I have moved the regular icons to one side of my monitor with the new ones on the left side. I call them ghosts because they are somewhat blurry and the notations are...