Windows 10: Text, arrows, and such on images in Windows 10

Discus and support Text, arrows, and such on images in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings All, I just put my final Apple product on eBay. Making the complete switch to Windows. Got myself an Asus VivoMini i5 with 512SSD, 8GBs of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by The Pool Man, May 3, 2017.

1. Text, arrows, and such on images in Windows 10

Greetings All,

I just put my final Apple product on eBay. Making the complete switch to Windows. Got myself an Asus VivoMini i5 with 512SSD, 8GBs of RAM, and a 2Kish 25 inch monitor. My price with 3 year coverage? $1149ish.

Apple price for similar? $2300. Bah-bye Apple. Nice knowing you all these decades. Maybe if Tim goes and prices come back to our planet I'll visit again. Until then -- seeya.

Okay. I've been using macOS forever and so sometimes the simplest question occurs to me. Y'all know the answer because it's the Windows way. But I don't.

Suppose I have an image. And I want to put text on it, arrows pointing at things, and circles around things. What would most Windows users use? Paint? Powerpoint? Some other app I haven't a clue about?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the by Powerpoint is not an option. My wife and I use LibreOffice. She wants to drop said adjusted images into Calc (Excel).

So what do people use?

:)

The Pool Man, May 3, 2017
  2. Tregarth Win User

Adding text to a picture

I have downloaded an image from the internet and now want to add some text to it.

When I open the image I see a rectangle at the bottom of the screen which contains a trash bin and back and forward arrow icons. I cannot see how to remove them. If I use screen grab to copy the image the black rectangle is copied too.

How can I add text to a picture without the back/forward arrows appearing in the picture?

Thank you

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Tregarth, May 3, 2017
  3. Small text and images on Programs

Hi community,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and a setting has changed. The desktop icons appear to be their normal size, however when I enter a program that is not Microsoft the text size vastly reduces to about font size 5. There is no Advanced display settings,
    from what I have read it has been taken out of the Windows build I have (?).

Can anyone help me by advising how to increase the text size in programs?

Thanks

Andrew 1(BHGE), May 3, 2017
  4. Text, arrows, and such on images in Windows 10

I use Paint.net or Photoshop for doing that. Paint.Net is free and it has a great tool for that see the image below:
    I use this for the arrows for text I use PS

Text, arrows, and such on images in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Josey Wales, May 3, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
  6. This is funny. As a new Windows user I remembered that most of my Facebook friends are also PC users. I've lived decades without going to friends for Mac help because, well -- so few used and even fewer were fluent.

So a friend suggested SNAGIT. Sounded great until I saw $50 price. WHOA. So I got all Google-ish and asked for alternatives. #2 was GREENSHOT. The funny part is --

-- I just installed it two days ago. Why? Snipping Tool has it's merits and such but dang I just wanted an OS X like solution for lightening fast screencaps. Not only can GREENSHOT be set up to do the classic Mac three finger command, but then I realized I could just use the PrintScreen button on my keyboard. One finger and I get the magic resizable triangle, CAMERA SOUND, boom it's on my desktop. In the format and size I like.

So to discover this same tool can also do some basic arrows and text stuff? Too cool for school.

The Pool Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Text, arrows, and such on images in Windows 10

1. Text, arrows, and such on images in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Text arrows such

2. Blue arrows on all Images on Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue arrows on all Images on Windows 10 computer: Hello, I have a very weird issue with my files, you can see those blue arrows on the edges of my photos, What is it and how do i get rid of them? It only appears on images, everything else is normal. Thank you...
  3. Blue arrows on all Images on Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue arrows on all Images on Windows 10 computer: Hello, I have a very weird issue with my files, you can see those blue arrows on the edges of my photos, What is it and how do i get rid of them? It only appears on images, everything else is normal. Thank you...
  4. Blue arrows on all Images on Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SNIP and then add text & arrows, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SNIP and then add text & arrows, etc.: W10 desktop with mouse and keyboard. I see the new Snip and Sketch, and I see that I can use the mouse to draw "imperfect" lines of different colors. But how can I really update the raw snippet with straight or diagonal lines, typed words, and even shapes like circles, etc?...
  6. SNIP and then add text & arrows, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SNIP and then add text & arrows, etc.: W10 desktop with mouse and keyboard. I see the new Snip and Sketch, and I see that I can use the mouse to draw "imperfect" lines of different colors. But how can I really update the raw snippet with straight or diagonal lines, typed words, and even shapes like circles, etc?...
  7. Purple arrow arrows in text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purple arrow arrows in text: Hello,I just turned on a setting on my pc and I am not sure what is this thing on my text [ATTACH] . Can you guys tell me how can I turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purple-arrow-arrows-in-text/96ea0e1d-9cb9-489e-a70d-8a8fd7b91c20
  8. ARROW KEYS SELECTING TEXT

in Windows 10 Customization
    ARROW KEYS SELECTING TEXT: ANS ARROW KEY + INSERT WAS ACCIDENTALY PRESSED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arrow-keys-selecting-text/7cde71aa-edb1-49a0-9535-21ae420f04b9
  9. Arrow keys started selecting text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys started selecting text: Seems that accidentally I have hit some key which has caused arrow keys and 'end' key to highlight (select) text. Never had this previously. I'm aware of the num lock key to toggle this feature, but then I am unable to use the number keypad. Any ideas please?...
  10. WTF! Windows 10 missing texts/images

in Windows 10 Support
    WTF! Windows 10 missing texts/images: I have been experiencing some strange problems of late. They seem to go away completely at times yet some how manage to come back. I repeatedly get missing icons and text along with images when in the start menu, action center, some apps, windows edge, etc. Upon restarting it...