Windows 10: Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10

Discus and support Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Does anyone know how to fix this issue? The text color of file names in my File Explorer has changed to black after enabling dark mode. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jinu Ashraf, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10

Hi,

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? The text color of file names in my File Explorer has changed to black after enabling dark mode. It is really hard to read black letters in black background.

Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10 9be057a6-d0c8-49d3-b323-73ea0b91df6a?upload=true.png

:)

Jinu Ashraf, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Edwin Win User

Changing text colors for programs ?

The first thing that comes to mind is, apply a High Contrast Theme,
    there may be other options but, this could be a starting point, unless you're thinking of something totally different.

Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 29, 2018
  3. The possible colors of taskbar are in majority quite dark and text in taskbar is black in Windows 10

<Original Title: Color of text in taskbar>

I've recently upgraded system to Windows 10 and I've found one problem: The possible colors of taskbar are in majority quite dark and text in taskbar is black (so it's difficult to read it). I've tried changing of desktop background and taskbar colors but
    the text remains black.

In my second computer with Win 10 the text is white but I also haven't found out how to change it.

Is there any option to manually or automatically change color of text in task bar?

Betelgeuze, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10

Tile Text Color

Hi DJTang,

To get black text on tiles, you will need to change the background from dark to light. This can eb found on the

"
    Personalize my Start screen and theme color"
    page.

To change the background

• In the App list, tap Settings
      Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10 start-icon-settings_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      > Start
      + theme.

• Under Background, tap the current background.

• Choose one of the following:
      • To make your background black, tap Dark.
      • To make your background white, tap Light.

Christopher Miller, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10

1. Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Text color has

2. Windows 10 keep changing the theme color to black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keep changing the theme color to black: As this screenshot shows, whenever I reboot, the color of the theme will automatically becomes black. I never had this problem before, and my system is up to date, considering I just reinstalled the new system last week.A bit more details, the color I used to set is grey,...
  3. Windows 10 keep changing the theme color to black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keep changing the theme color to black: As this screenshot shows, whenever I reboot, the color of the theme will automatically becomes black. I never had this problem before, and my system is up to date, considering I just reinstalled the new system last week.A bit more details, the color I used to set is grey,...
  4. Windows 10 keep changing the theme color to black

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme: Hello,I'm running Windows 11 Home, latest version 2200.258 and when I try using any of the dark themes the text is black when viewing the contents of my hard drives. I've seen other posts where people have complained about the same thing and I followed the advice. Switching...
  6. Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme: Hello,I'm running Windows 11 Home, latest version 2200.258 and when I try using any of the dark themes the text is black when viewing the contents of my hard drives. I've seen other posts where people have complained about the same thing and I followed the advice. Switching...
  7. Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme

Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme: I noticed the troubleshooting program and probably some other things has the text of the upper bar where close icon is black, even if I have a dark color as my Windows theme. I'm just making a suggestion to fix this on the next update. It's not a huge issue, but just to make...
  8. Windows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts

Windows 10 black text has annoying color artifacts: I've noticed this recently, though I don't know exactly when it started. Most black text has some strange color artifacts to it. See the zoomed-in snapshots: Chrome: [ATTACH] Windows explorer title bar: [ATTACH] Desktop icon: [ATTACH] etc, etc. The images were...
  9. How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel

How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel: I have been avoiding upgrading to Windows 10 for years. I have become very comfortable with my ability to customize Windows 7 just how i need. Recently my main machine took a turn for the worst. I purchased a new one with windows 10 installed and thought i should finally...
  10. Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?

Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?: So as we all know now windows has officially launched the dark theme. I have enabled this in my settings. That being said the "Black" color is overwhelming and would suite me much better if i could force it to be a dark gray. How do you customize the window color for dark...