Windows 10: Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting

Discus and support Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I changed the text size in the settings to make the text bigger so I can see it easier when working on my 29" PC monitors. While the text displays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robert MAnthony, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting

I changed the text size in the settings to make the text bigger so I can see it easier when working on my 29" PC monitors. While the text displays bigger for most applications like Edge, and is fine, in File Explorer all of the names of folders and files are clipped at the bottom. I unchecked the "Options">"View">"Decrease Space..." but this only places more space between file/folder names and does not resolve the text-clipping issue. Any help would be appreciated. See the pic:

:)

Robert MAnthony, Jan 4, 2022
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Jan 4, 2022
  3. With the Windows File Explorer, is there any way of changing the default display window column widths?

With the Windows File Explorer, is there any way of changing the default display window column widths?

I have some files with very long names, and I always want to see the file extensions as well as the names. In the default Windows File Explorer, the first column listing the names of the files is too narrow for some of my file names with extensions. I
    can drag the right margin of the first column to the right and fix that, but the next time I open File Explorer, I have to do it again. I would like to set the column widths and have that be the default thereafter.

Lewis D. Eigen, Jan 4, 2022
  4. Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting

Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting

1. Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting - Similar Threads - Text Column Width

2. Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting: I changed the text size in the settings to make the text bigger so I can see it easier when working on my 29" PC monitors. While the text displays bigger for most applications like Edge, and is fine, in File Explorer all of the names of folders and files are clipped at the...
  3. How to change the Column Width size of File Explorer in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Column Width size of File Explorer in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Windows 11 rolled out for everyone, and it has surprised me a lot, to say the least. I am a big fan of the updated, more minimalistic design. The File Explorer received a revamp as well, with a mixed color scheme in place of an all-out white interface and a sleeker...
  4. Setting default columns size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting default columns size in File Explorer: Since I have read this forum about so many people asking how to apply settings for a default column size in File Explorer, I thought I would answer it since no one here at Microsoft correctly identified it. Even though they did give you their best answer - it is rather quite...
  5. File Explorer Template Column Width

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Template Column Width: How do I change the Documents, Pictures, Music, and View templates? The existing templates are not particularly useful for those of us who use full-size monitors instead of cell phones. For example, the "Name" column in the Documents template is too narrow to be useful on...
  6. Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer: Hello, I know it is possible to change the size of fonts in windows, but I only want to change the size of the Navigation Pane in Windows File Explorer. The icons as well. I couldn't find a clear answer to this. Anyone? submitted by /u/TheyTukMyJub [link] [comments]...
  7. how to set text size

how to set text size: title bar text size is too small https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-text-size/e988a097-eac3-4c76-98c3-3abbccc2c819
  8. how to change text size

how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  9. Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...

Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...: Size all columns to fit (as a default view). I thought the former question asked was a fairly straight-forward question, especially since I typed the request into Google almost verbatim so of course a) the question was, indeed, straightforward; b) from the fact that there...
  10. changing Windows Explorer text size

in Windows 10 Support
    changing Windows Explorer text size: Hi, I have a new 43'' screen. I don't to keep the "size of text, apps and other items" to 100%, because some apps don't show a great quality when set to 125% and higher. How can I only change the size of Windows Explorer text ? Thanks, Patrick 104473