Windows 10: Text cursor moving in different directions

Discus and support Text cursor moving in different directions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite L50-B-23F laptop. Starting from yesterday, there has been odd behaviours with my text cursor, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wei WenTan, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Text cursor moving in different directions

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite L50-B-23F laptop.

Starting from yesterday, there has been odd behaviours with my text cursor, and when I try to click on anything. Some behaviour I've noticed:

-My text cursor would keep moving left or right when I try to type.

- If I open up file explorer and click on a file, then it looks like I'm scrolling up or down even when I don't move my mouse or click any arrow keys.

- On the desktop screen, If I click on a file/folder then the selection moves left/right /up/down.

I find that this behaviour looks like the arrow keys are being pressed constantly. The direction that the cursor/selection moves in can change, but it tends to move in the same direction for at least a few minutes at a time before switching to a different direction.

Things I've tried:

-Uninstalling the keyboard drivers (both the PS/2 and the HID one)

-scanning for viruses

-uninstalling mouse drivers (both the synaptic touchpad and the HID ones)

So far nothing has helped.

I do use a USB keyboard and mouse, but this problem occurs even when those devices are not connected.

I have no idea if it's a software or hardware issue as I've recently updated Windows 10(I did this two days ago) and I've also spilt tea on my keyboards four days ago(on the USB keyboard as well as the laptop's built in keyboard- the USB keyboard still works fine but some keys of the built in keyboard no longer works).

Thanks in Advance,

Wei-Wen Tan

:)

Wei WenTan, Mar 4, 2019
  2. shuggans Win User

vb.net select text from active cursor point in different window

hello all - working on a dictation application and looking for some guidance as far as selecting text from a cursor point in a window outside of the applications form. I'll clarify a bit: The application types at the current cursor point using sendkeys() as you speak.. and I'm trying to handle commands such as "select word" which should select the word to the right of the current cursor point. I know how to handle selecting text within an application, but am looking to be pointed in the right direction for information on selecting text from say microsoft word etc. but keep in mind the goal for the application is to be universal for use within any EMR, word processor, web browser etc.

Thanks for any assistance!

shuggans

shuggans, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Cursor disappears while typing in text box

*Original Title: cursor and text box issues

After clicking in a text box, the cursor disappears if the mouse/cursor moves anywhere but in the same text box. I cannot click in the text box and write unless I make sure the mouse is held in the same box. Windows 10

any suggestions?

RobertGiberti, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Text cursor moving in different directions

Vertical lines behind text cursor. HELP!

Hi,

It is possible that the vertical lines behind text cursor that you see, is can be due to corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the Meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and restore corrupted files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Text cursor moving in different directions

1. Text cursor moving in different directions - Similar Threads - Text cursor moving

2. Tablet pen cursor suddenly started moving opposite direction but mouse cursor moves correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet pen cursor suddenly started moving opposite direction but mouse cursor moves correctly: Hello, this happens to me on my laptop and also on my computer. I have tablet Vikoo HK708s. I have the newest drivers and updates for both windows and tablet. However sometimes when i work in photoshop, the cursor suddenly switches and when i move pen to one direction, it...
  3. Tablet pen cursor suddenly started moving opposite direction but mouse cursor moves correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet pen cursor suddenly started moving opposite direction but mouse cursor moves correctly: Hello, this happens to me on my laptop and also on my computer. I have tablet Vikoo HK708s. I have the newest drivers and updates for both windows and tablet. However sometimes when i work in photoshop, the cursor suddenly switches and when i move pen to one direction, it...
  4. Mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction on Windows PC: [IMG]Some Windows users have reported that their mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction. When they move their mouse to the left, the cursor moves to the right and vice-versa. According to them, restarting the device fixes the issue but the problem appears again...
  5. Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right: So, I've been having this problem for a few months, and I honestly think it's time for a new mouse, but I figured I'd ask around first.So randomly every now and then, my cursor will start moving in the wrong direction, specifically I move left, and it moves right. When I move...
  6. Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right: So, I've been having this problem for a few months, and I honestly think it's time for a new mouse, but I figured I'd ask around first.So randomly every now and then, my cursor will start moving in the wrong direction, specifically I move left, and it moves right. When I move...
  7. stop your cursor from moving with your direction Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    stop your cursor from moving with your direction Keys: This is the answer to all the people out there that have their cursor moving with their direction keys is to press F7. F7 is the key you probably pressed on accident while typing so all you need to do is press F7 again to stop your problem....
  8. Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...: Hello Everyone, So this stemmed from another thread but It's it own question. Their's was involving touch screen problems I don't own a touch screen at all, not using any touch screen drivers or monitor to my knowledge. I'm a bit paranoid and I know I can uninstall drivers...
  9. Cursor moved by the directional arrows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor moved by the directional arrows.: Hello, I've been having a problem for a few days now, when I press my directional arrows on the keyboard, it moves my cursor. Anyone know how not to get that? submitted by /u/dadriun [link] [comments]...
  10. Touchpad isn't moving my cursor in the correct directions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad isn't moving my cursor in the correct directions: I was reading a book on my laptop and found the words were too small to read at a comfortable distance, so I put my laptop into flipped portrait mode which solved to problem. All of a sudden, my touchpad seemed to be working in relation to the new orientation of my screen (in...