Windows 10: Text cursor turned in a black box

Discus and support Text cursor turned in a black box in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my text cursor. It has turned into a black box. What I mean: This happened about 2 years ago 2018 after a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Video Squad, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Text cursor turned in a black box

Hello, I have a problem with my text cursor.

It has turned into a black box.

What I mean:

This happened about 2 years ago 2018 after a Windows Update. I thought it was a bug and that it would get fixed soon, but it didn't. I reinstalled Windows multiple times since then and nothing changed.

All of the computers I own and a few more that I have seen have this issue.

I don't know what it is. It's not getting fixed by Windows Update or reinstalling a clean version of Windows from Microsoft.

PC specs:
    Intel i9-9900KS

128GB RAM

4x Nvidia RTX 2080TI in SLI Yes the issue still occurs if I only run 1 graphics card and it happens on my laptops too

Windows is installed on a 2TB Corsair Force MP600 m.2 NVMe SSD Gen 4x4 Not sure if It helps but I included that too

Thank you for your time,

-Eduard C.

:)

Video Squad, Apr 20, 2020

2. Cursor disappears while typing in text box

*Original Title: cursor and text box issues

After clicking in a text box, the cursor disappears if the mouse/cursor moves anywhere but in the same text box. I cannot click in the text box and write unless I make sure the mouse is held in the same box. Windows 10

any suggestions?

RobertGiberti, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Black text boxes after upgrading to windows 10

Hi Ten Forums

After upgrading to windows 10 I'm getting black text boxes see below.

Text cursor turned in a black box 0223jnam.xyi.jpg

Text cursor turned in a black box qbh0myxm.efx.jpg

Any suggestions?

windows10sajoke, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Text cursor turned in a black box

Vertical lines behind text cursor. HELP!

Hi,

It is possible that the vertical lines behind text cursor that you see, is can be due to corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the Meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and restore corrupted files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Text cursor turned in a black box

1. Text cursor turned in a black box - Similar Threads - Text cursor turned

2. Cursor making a black box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor making a black box: Whenever i increase my size of cursor to something above 6 and when i start moving my cursor up a black box starts coming from below and when i move my cursor up the black box moves up with it. and whenever i try to take a screenshot the black box thing overlaps the...
  3. Cursor making a black box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor making a black box: Whenever i increase my size of cursor to something above 6 and when i start moving my cursor up a black box starts coming from below and when i move my cursor up the black box moves up with it. and whenever i try to take a screenshot the black box thing overlaps the...
  4. Text turns into rectangles and boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text turns into rectangles and boxes: A lot of the words and fonts turn into boxes or rectangles and then stops and turns back and does it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-turns-into-rectangles-and-boxes/a5973b50-6bb3-4be4-8ead-a57984be0107
  5. Text color turned white in Search Box

in Cortana
    Text color turned white in Search Box: HelloRecently I enabled High Contrast for a bit just to explore, and when I turned it back off I saw that whatever text I typed in Windows Search was white and was not visible. It wasn't like that previously. Everywhere else the texts looks normal but in search it is white...
  6. Text Input Cursor is a Black Box

Text Input Cursor is a Black Box: [ATTACH] As seen in the screen shot, the insert cursor is thicker than usual, the image hasn't been enhanced. It flickers like the normal cursor I have this problem on many places, file explorer, word, and inserting password etc All help appreciated....
  7. Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on

Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on: I have a black text box surround anything I click my cursor on and sometimes just when I hover with my cursor. This started suddenly. I have turned off the magnifier and turned off narrator. Any suggestions? [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. cursor is a big black box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor is a big black box: I had a number of apps and the logon screen where the cursor is a big black box. Windows File explorer window: [ATTACH] using these links corrected this issue clear and straight to the point -...
  9. Black Box around mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Box around mouse cursor: I have an employee remoting into their office computer from home using the Remote Desktop Connection. For the first couple of weeks, things seemed fine, but today he started having a black box encompass his mouse cursor. I've been helping him all day but I cannot find a...
  10. Appearance Large black box at cursor end in text blocks

Appearance Large black box at cursor end in text blocks: Hello guys, My name is Richard and I recently upgraded to new laptop HP and there is a giant black box that appears whenever I'm trying to type it's happening to me as I write this in almost every text box I use. I've enclosed a screenshot. Pretty sure it's just a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows pointer finger black box

2. mouse is black box with curser line on computer how do you change

3. madden08 black box mouse pointer