Windows 10: Text disappeared

Discus and support Text disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In one file in WordPerfect, my text has disappeared. It is still in the "Reveal Code" section. How can I recover it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EAD&, Jun 27, 2020.

1. EAD& Win User

Text disappeared

In one file in WordPerfect, my text has disappeared. It is still in the "Reveal Code" section. How can I recover it?

:)

2. wsfeng Win User

Windows10: all menu text disappeared! Help!

Hello,

Something is wrong with my Windows 10. A few days ago, all menu text disappeared! Initially, reboot the system would resolve the issue. But now reboot the system doesn't help at all. I tried to reset the system yesterday, it doesn't work either.

For example, if you click on the network button on the right bottom corner, a list of available wifi networks will be displayed. But what I get is only a list of the wireless icons, all the network names are disappeared.

However, if I login as a different user (Administrator), the menu text are back.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

wsfeng, Jun 27, 2020
  3. SUI
    Sui Win User
    Text randomly disappears in most programs

After installing creators update, the text in most programs would disappear randomly, making them impossible to use.

Symptoms before this happens:

• Computer usually hangs (sometimes even mouse cursor freezes) for at least a few minutes
    • If I happen to have task manager resource monitor up at the time of the freeze, read/write would be 0kbps, yet disk usage is 100%
    • Usually I'd have some kind of CPU/GPU intensive program open like a game, but it's always minimized. In other words my computer never hangs while actually playing the game

Programs with missing text or glitched text:

• Desktop. Some letters get replaced with weird symbols, and hovering over icons with mouse would turn text a blurry black colour (see screenshot below)
      Text disappeared AvPJhKo.png
    • MS Paint
    • Explorer (hovering over icons would cause text to disappear)
      Text disappeared fiWUrKo.png
    • CMD (completely blank black screen)
    • Any windows prompts or confirmation popups
    • Games
    • MS Office apps like Word
    • Text disappeared Qc8O7BF.png

Programs that don't get affected:

• Internet browser (even foreign characters display fine)
    • Windows context menus, like when you right click
    • Task bar and start menu

I'm assuming something crashed, like fonts? But it's very weird why some programs or features don't get affected.

I Googled this and only found two "solutions", run SFC scannow, or uninstall "Comodo firewall". I've already ran SFC with no errors, and I don't have Comodo installed. Graphics drivers are all up to date (Intel HD + Nvidia Optimus). Also my issue is different as some programs aren't affected.

Simply restarting computer will fix this, but I'd like to find out what's causing it, as it's happening almost every day.

4. Text disappeared

text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Text disappeared

1. Text disappeared - Similar Threads - Text disappeared

2. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  3. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  4. Text disappearing when conditional format applied?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text disappearing when conditional format applied?: Just set up conditional formatting to change colour on a cell depending on input of a different cell. This happens but where there is data in the original cell it disappears? Can anyone help me on how I stop this happening please...
  5. Text disappearing when conditional format applied?

Text disappearing when conditional format applied?: Just set up conditional formatting to change colour on a cell depending on input of a different cell. This happens but where there is data in the original cell it disappears? Can anyone help me on how I stop this happening please...
  6. Text disappearing when conditional format applied?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. in 3D Paint, the text that i type disappears when I click outside the box. Numerous other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in 3D Paint, the text that i type disappears when I click outside the box. Numerous other...: in 3D Paint, the text that i type disappears when I click outside the box. Numerous other people have had the same problem. what is the solution?...
  8. in 3D Paint, the text that i type disappears when I click outside the box. Numerous other...

in 3D Paint, the text that i type disappears when I click outside the box. Numerous other...: in 3D Paint, the text that i type disappears when I click outside the box. Numerous other people have had the same problem. what is the solution?...
  9. Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word: Today, 26 December, 2023, My MS Word started acting up. Previous text behind the cursor disappears and reappears while I'm typing. The previous posts are locked on this subject, and I saw no solution. It's not the Insert key, that's the first thing I tried. I'm a writer, I...
  10. Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word

Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word: Today, 26 December, 2023, My MS Word started acting up. Previous text behind the cursor disappears and reappears while I'm typing. The previous posts are locked on this subject, and I saw no solution. It's not the Insert key, that's the first thing I tried. I'm a writer, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why text disapear on window 10 from window 7