Windows 10: Text Document or Notepad - Right click on desktop

Discus and support Text Document or Notepad - Right click on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Earlier I was able to get a Text Document on my desktop but now I cannot So earlier I used to follow these steps to get Text Document on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by surendrabedsa, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Text Document or Notepad - Right click on desktop

Hello

Earlier I was able to get a Text Document on my desktop but now I cannot

So earlier I used to follow these steps to get Text Document on my desktop

Step 1 : Right click on desktop

Step 2 : Cursor or mouse on New which has a arrow and then a menu pops out which has the option of creating Text Document on desktop and once you click on Text Document a notepad would appear on desktop

But now that option is missing

:)

surendrabedsa, Aug 10, 2020
  2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 - Desktop Issue: New Text Document Renaming Bug

I made a new text document on my desktop. I saved it without naming it. It shows as New Text Document. It was Blank. I opened it and was able to enter text. Closed it. It was a notepad document. I right clicked on and sent it to my USB stick. I did
    not save as.

Looked in the USB stick and found it listed as New Text Document.

It opened in notepad.

I deleted it from the desktop. It was still in the USB stick.

This is in Build 14986

lacrumb, Aug 10, 2020
  3. PXaine Win User
    Windows 10 - Desktop Issue: New Text Document Renaming Bug

This doesn't at all reference the issue at hand. The issue is that somehow, the software for notepad has been damaged somehow, either within the application itself, or within the registry. The question, is asking how to fix a notepad that doesn't allow you
    to rename it on the desktop, or within a folder on the desktop, but will allow you to save it, move it or delete it from the desktop, or move it to a new location. If you create the notepad and "Save As", no matter what you name it (if created on the desktop),
    it appears as "New Text Document" It will also give you an error that it doesn't exist, although, obviously, it does. Again all other types of documents and folders work correctly. Old text documents used by notepad also function normally.

PXaine, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Text Document or Notepad - Right click on desktop

how can edit the format of documents in notepad

Hi Ramon,

We understand that you'd like to edit the format of documents using Notepad application.

If you're trying to open an Office document like Word or Excel using Notepad, be informed that since the app only detect pure text, it will lose all the format and objects originally came with the document.

You can follow these steps to open a document in Notepad:

1. Right-click the document file.

2. Select Open With, and select Notepad. If not its not on the list, click
    Choose another app.

3. Select Notepad, and click OK.

Kindly post back if you have further concerns.

Romel Ram, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Text Document or Notepad - Right click on desktop

1. Text Document or Notepad - Right click on desktop - Similar Threads - Text Document Notepad

2. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  3. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  4. Notepad doesnt have any text in documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad doesnt have any text in documents: hi, my notepad app isnt working, i have reinstalled it twice, updated to windows 11, also ran malware etc and pc is fine, the pages are not opening and are showing as blank when i run my mouse over the notepad icon at the bottom of the screen, but they wont open up with the...
  5. Text right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text right click: Hi, I need to know how toedit texts when you right click in desktop... Like edit 'copy' with 'explode' or something like that with regedit idk... If I can't, however, where is the place where Windows 10 saves this scripts? I mean, the scripts with the default texts of...
  6. Text Documents and Notepads Won't Open?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text Documents and Notepads Won't Open?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/chqnging [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jub4yq/text_documents_and_notepads_wont_open/
  7. Right click main context menu. How to create New Text Document Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click main context menu. How to create New Text Document Notepad: [img] Thank You Very Much 139561
  8. Right Click shuts down my documents and desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click shuts down my documents and desktop: My Right click when I want to copy, or paste or use any function in my documents and files, shuts down the programme. The bottom bar disappears and it restarts itself, but I can still not right click without it happening again. I have performed a sfc scan which allows the...
  9. Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut: Hi everyone! My desktop freezes when I right-click on a document or shortcut. This also happens when I right-click on something in file explorer. Does anyone has a solution for this? Thank you in advance!...
  10. Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document: I upgraded two computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I just noticed today that a right click in a folder does not have anything other than New Folder under New. Windows 7 had several choices (Folder,Shortcut,Rich Text Document, Text Document, Wave Sound and more). My...