Windows 10: text documents

Discus and support text documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't open any text documents. when i double click nothing happens and I don't get an error message I looked at multiple places on google but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by turkz81, Sep 29, 2021.

1. turkz81 Win User

text documents

I can't open any text documents. when i double click nothing happens and I don't get an error message I looked at multiple places on google but couldn't find the solution please help me ASAP.

:)

turkz81, Sep 29, 2021

2. How to restore a text document to its previous form?

Have you tried saving a new document not following the same steps you did prior to this concern? If so, did you experience the same issue?

In the meantime, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the text document.
    • Choose Restore previous versions.
    • Go to Previous Versions tab.
    • Look for the previous version of the document.
    • Choose Open or Restore.
    • Click on Apply.

The steps will allow you to browse all previous versions of the document.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Desiree Yau, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Microsoft PDF and Document Writer not working

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

Please refer to:

Reader app for Windows: FAQ

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve XPS document writer issues.

• Right click on empty area on Desktop, click on Create and select New text document.

• Open the created text document and type some text (input text as you desire, save and close text file)

• Again open the text document, click on File tab and click on Print.

• Select the Microsoft XPS writer and click on Print button.

• You may select the location to save the file.
    Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 29, 2021
  4. text documents

Text Document or Notepad - Right click on desktop

Hello

Earlier I was able to get a Text Document on my desktop but now I cannot

So earlier I used to follow these steps to get Text Document on my desktop

Step 1 : Right click on desktop

Step 2 : Cursor or mouse on New which has a arrow and then a menu pops out which has the option of creating Text Document on desktop and once you click on Text Document a notepad would appear on desktop

But now that option is missing

surendrabedsa, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

text documents

1. text documents - Similar Threads - text documents

2. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  3. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  4. Handwritten text does not apper in the text field or document on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwritten text does not apper in the text field or document on Windows 11: I have HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 Laptop 14-ef2150nd 2023 with HP Tilt pen 2.0.In tablet mode the laptop reacts to the pen, handwriting keyboard appears and my writing gets recognized in the keyboard space, but nothing appears in the text field text file, browser input field,...
  5. Handwritten text does not apper in the text field or document on Windows 11

Handwritten text does not apper in the text field or document on Windows 11: I have HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 Laptop 14-ef2150nd 2023 with HP Tilt pen 2.0.In tablet mode the laptop reacts to the pen, handwriting keyboard appears and my writing gets recognized in the keyboard space, but nothing appears in the text field text file, browser input field,...
  6. Windows 10 speech-to-text and updating pre-defined fields in a Microsoft Word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 speech-to-text and updating pre-defined fields in a Microsoft Word document: Using Microsoft Windows 10 speech-to-text, how do you update a Microsoft Word document with pre-defined fields? For example, we have a form with 10 fields, such as the person’s name, address, telephone number, etc. Using speech-to-text, how does the speaker ensure that the...
  7. Windows 10 speech-to-text and updating pre-defined fields in a Microsoft Word document

Windows 10 speech-to-text and updating pre-defined fields in a Microsoft Word document: Using Microsoft Windows 10 speech-to-text, how do you update a Microsoft Word document with pre-defined fields? For example, we have a form with 10 fields, such as the person’s name, address, telephone number, etc. Using speech-to-text, how does the speaker ensure that the...
  8. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  9. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

.txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  10. I get an error message when I try to open a text document

I get an error message when I try to open a text document: When I try to open a text document I get an error message. Wherever I try to open it from it just doesn't work.This all happened after I got a bluescreen and windows restored itself.This is the error message:Are there any solutions to this problem?...