Windows 10: text editing problem.

Discus and support text editing problem. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am a former mac person with a new PC. I can't figure out how to insert text into my document. I can only write over the next sentence. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThaliaIsen, Nov 6, 2019.

1. text editing problem.

I am a former mac person with a new PC.

I can't figure out how to insert text into my document. I can only write over the next sentence. This is happening in my google email. Where is the menu? How do I stop this from happening? I need to edit my document and it is self-destructing!

:)

ThaliaIsen, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Andy O. Win User

BUG: Mango - Voice to Text (Editing Text Issue)

So I'm not sure if this is a software bug or not. So I hold the windows button and then prompt TellMe to "Text John Doe." I dictate my message and it reads it back to me with no issue. I say "send" and it sends with no problem. My problem comes
    when I press the edit button to edit the text. After I edit the text I previously dictated (or even if I don't edit the text) and press the send button it seems the phone is trying to send a threaded SMS message to two (2) people with the recipients being
    listed as the person's last name and then person's full name (e.g., the phone says "2 recipients Doe; Doe, John" - note: I have my contacts listed last name, first name). When I send it as a text I then get an error "Can't send message. Try Again." Weird
    thing is, when I do the same steps for someone with only one name (e.g., "Mom") everything works perfect, even the editing and sending the edited text, with no 2 recipients being listed (only "Mom" as the recipient).

Has anyone had the same issue? Can anyone help?

Phone model: Samsung SGH-i917

Mobile Operator: AT&T

Mobile OS version: 7.10.7720.68

Firmware revision: 2103.11.8.1

Hardware revision: 3.1.0.7

Radio software: 2103.11.8.1

Radio hardware: 0.0.0.3

Bootloader: 5.8.0.2

Chip SOC: 0.36.2.0

PC OS version: Windows 7

Zune version: 4.8

Andy O., Nov 6, 2019
  3. editing text with paint in windows 10

Hi Neil,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the question below.

• In what way you are trying to edit the photo?
    • Are you trying to remove the text which is in the photo?
    Paint doesn't have the option to edit the names which is already there in the photo, only you can remove/cut which also removes the part of the photo.

Only option you have in Paint is to enter the text on the Photo.

Hope this information helps. If any further issues post us to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 6, 2019
  4. text editing problem.

E61 text entry/editing

Does anyone know if there is a keyboard shorcut for moving to the begininning or end of a line of text, or for stepping a word at a time rather than one character?

The manual mentions that it's table lists "some of the available shortcuts", is there an exhaustive list available?

Anna

annalangley, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

text editing problem.

1. text editing problem. - Similar Threads - text editing problem

2. Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript: Hi,I'm editing a video in Clipchamp and have turned on the auto-captioning feature.Captions have been generated. They are not entirely accurate to what is being said, so I try to edit the text in the Transcript panel on the right-hand toolbar in order to change the text in...
  3. Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript: Hi,I'm editing a video in Clipchamp and have turned on the auto-captioning feature.Captions have been generated. They are not entirely accurate to what is being said, so I try to edit the text in the Transcript panel on the right-hand toolbar in order to change the text in...
  4. 3D Builder Embossed Text Edit

3D Builder Embossed Text Edit: The User Manual for 3D Builder is very poor - it does not explain how to use the software. I would like to delete and even edit existing embossed text. I cannot find a way to achieve this basic editing function. Is this functionality in the software?...
  5. Can't edit my texts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't edit my texts: Hi, I cannot use text bar. So my problem is that whenever i want to edit my text before sending, It shows the blue highlighting symbol on a text. So even if i just want to add space in middle, It replaces the insertion point and adds highlight in my text. which means, i...
  6. how to edit Start button text?

how to edit Start button text?: in Win7, we edited explorer.exe.mui to change the Start button text in XP & previous we edited explorer.exe directly I've done a lot of searching, but cannot figure how edit it Windows 10 (build 18363)? Even an idea what file(s)/settings would be involved for this edit might...
  7. edit text

edit text: I would like to curve or circle text in a text box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-text/7d779a95-5333-4fb4-ad2e-b53eb0babcc4
  8. error to edit the texts

error to edit the texts: my program is slow, it also does not allow me to change the configuration of the page or the text directly from the toolbar (it does not open the options) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-to-edit-the-texts/da4d3179-d13e-4153-a449-2aaa00a1c685
  9. Editing Text in PAINT

Editing Text in PAINT: I titled a photo with typed text with the PAINT program. I saved the created file. Now, how can I remove the text from the photo and restore the original background? Thank you. Alex B....
  10. Default program for text editing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default program for text editing: Default program for text editing I Always had Uedit as my default text editor, then suddenly after the October updates, it defaults to Notepad EEK, and I cannot change it? Not by set defaults or file properties or open with, it accepts my change but does nothing I am stuck...