Windows 10: Text editors extremely slow after complete restore

Discus and support Text editors extremely slow after complete restore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I swapped my laptop's hard drive with a brand new one since the old one was failing. I didn't restore from any backup so I just used the Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windbrand, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Windbrand Win User

Text editors extremely slow after complete restore

Recently I swapped my laptop's hard drive with a brand new one since the old one was failing. I didn't restore from any backup so I just used the Win10 installation media to install a brand new OS onto my new hard drive, then simply dragged over my important files from the old drive.

Afterwards I noticed that I'm no longer able to edit relative large files (1-10mb, probably not considered large at all for devs) with long overflowing lines with notepad++. Every time I scroll anywhere near sections of the file with very long lines, the fps would drop to like 0.1 making scrolling almost impossible. At first I thought it was a notepad++ problem, so I installed the trial of UltraEdit, but exact same problem. Both were working perfectly fine before I swapped hard drives.

Is this an issue with my computer or something? It's highly unlikely both programs suddenly fails to edit any text file with overflowing lines. I even reverted to older versions of notepad++, still the same problem. Neither program is using the GPU (I have Nvidia Optimus on this laptop) to open.

Edit: just did a test. The moment a single character overflows the edge of the screen (horizontal) requiring scrolling, the program would slow down significantly for that section of the text. The more it overflows (eg, 1000+ characters on one line), the slower it is. Scrolling past that section of the text with lots of overflow would get the program back running full speed.

Edit 2: changing the encoding to Western European iso8859-1 seems to make the performance slightly better (like maybe 0.2fps instead of 0.1fps...) but nowhere near the performance before I swapped hard drives. Also I'm pretty sure the encoding was always UTF8 on my old hard drive.

:)

Windbrand, Feb 14, 2018

2. Sticky Notes slow

Bloody terrible

Too slow to use. For christ sake I only want a text editor permanently on the screen.

Stupid MS!!

SteveSimkins, Feb 14, 2018
  3. Akuma07 Win User
    Lost messages after Nokia Belle Update

Hi,

I have just updated my Nokia N8 to Nokia Belle using Nokia Suite.

During the backup phase of the update the phone experienced problems with some of the backups and had to try a second time, on the second time it apparently completed the backup successfully.

After completing the update, Nokia Suite then tried to restore my backup, this apparently completed but during the "Finish" phase I got the "Something has gone wrong error".

Now after looking at my phone, it has the Nokia Belle software on it, and everything has been restore EXCEPT my text messages.

This is extremely bad, as I had over 4000 text messages on my phone, and hasn't been backed up in several months.

How can I fix this? Please help Text editors extremely slow after complete restore :(

Akuma07, Feb 14, 2018
Thema:

Text editors extremely slow after complete restore

1. Text editors extremely slow after complete restore - Similar Threads - Text editors extremely

2. Windows extremely slow after bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows extremely slow after bootup: My windows 11 got suddenly extremely slow.After I boot windows the PC is not usable.The startup apps loads for 10-20 minutes.Any app I'm trying to open chrome, Explorer... takes a few minutes to react.I cannot click on anything. Context menus takes 2-3 minutes to show...
  3. Windows extremely slow after bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows extremely slow after bootup: My windows 11 got suddenly extremely slow.After I boot windows the PC is not usable.The startup apps loads for 10-20 minutes.Any app I'm trying to open chrome, Explorer... takes a few minutes to react.I cannot click on anything. Context menus takes 2-3 minutes to show...
  4. Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring: Hello, I was suspisious of a virus on my computer not allowing me to run a game I intented to play, tried method with clean boot by msconfig but found it didnt solve the issue. I decided to restore my pc by refreshing windows. However after it was complete it became really...
  5. Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring

Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring: Hello, I was suspisious of a virus on my computer not allowing me to run a game I intented to play, tried method with clean boot by msconfig but found it didnt solve the issue. I decided to restore my pc by refreshing windows. However after it was complete it became really...
  6. Extremely slow internet speeds on my computer completely randomly.

Extremely slow internet speeds on my computer completely randomly.: I've had my network card TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 PCIe WiFi Card Archer TX3000E for about two years now and only now has this problem started occurring now for about a month or two. Seemingly randomly my internet speed on wifi will completely tank for the entire day on my...
  7. Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  8. Wifi extremely slow after updates

Wifi extremely slow after updates: I just updated to the latest Nov update and now, for whatever reason, my wifi speeds are terrible. I am getting 1.8-2 mbps on a network that I use where I was getting 50-60 mbps prior to the install. I tested this network on my iphone and ipad and I am getting 55-60...
  9. Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow: I am trying to go back to a previous restore point in Windows 10 Home edition (version 1809). In Windows 7 I could use system restore to do that, and it was fast and easy, like less than five minutes. In Windows 10 it takes several hours (not an exaggeration)! What am I doing...
  10. Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore

Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore: I had a virus attack sometime back, so then i tried and removed the virus with the help of windows defender and then even did a system restore to the laptop. And since that point of restore my computer have slowed down completely. It takes a lot of time for boot which was...