Windows 10: Text encoding in Mail agent for Windows 10

Discus and support Text encoding in Mail agent for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I attach to e-mail file named with Cyrillic letters it would change name to "=_UTF-8_B_...". Otherwise e-mail and windows in general work ok. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EkSMsk, Nov 13, 2019.

1. EkSMsk Win User

Text encoding in Mail agent for Windows 10

When I attach to e-mail file named with Cyrillic letters it would change name to "=_UTF-8_B_...". Otherwise e-mail and windows in general work ok.

I could not find any app specific text encoding settings.

Mail is Version 16005.12026.20218.0

Windows 10 Home Single Language

:)

EkSMsk, Nov 13, 2019
  2. skytrails Win User

desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Text encoding in Mail agent for Windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 13, 2019
  4. kevvyb Win User

Storing Bitlocker key files in KeePass - text file encoding

Have tested the text files (.bek keys) that were attached to KeePass enoded with Unicode-8 (the default that KeePass offers when attaching a text file). These files transferred to a USB worked to decrypt the BitLocker encrypted drive.

I did not test any of the other text file encoders in the KeePass list.

kevvyb, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Text encoding in Mail agent for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Text encoding Mail

2. Default encoding Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default encoding Windows 10: Hi All,We have one question regarding the default encoding in Windows 10:Has there been a Windows 10 update which changed changed the default encoding UTF-XX to convert special characters or symbols.This encoding enables the special characters to convert properly to write to...
  3. Default encoding Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default encoding Windows 10: Hi All,We have one question regarding the default encoding in Windows 10:Has there been a Windows 10 update which changed changed the default encoding UTF-XX to convert special characters or symbols.This encoding enables the special characters to convert properly to write to...
  4. Default encoding Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.: When I open text file I download it changes encoding ASCII but Encoding is good only when I open it with browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encoding-is-changing-when-i-open-downloaded-text/a5054bed-6f41-4561-9ecc-52bea667d208
  6. Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.: When I open text file I download it changes encoding ASCII but Encoding is good only when I open it with browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encoding-is-changing-when-i-open-downloaded-text/a5054bed-6f41-4561-9ecc-52bea667d208
  7. Encoding is changing when I open downloaded text file.

8. Generic/Text only Driver encoding issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic/Text only Driver encoding issues: I have a virtual printer on Raspberry which is configured as raw. On windows it is defined as a Generic / Text only printer. If I have a simple txt file consisting of umlauts ä, ü, ö and when sending to a virtual printer, the data comes in corrupted , , . When saving the...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app Message Text Overlapping

Windows 10 Mail app Message Text Overlapping: I have set up a gmailaccount in the windows 10 mail app. When I go to view emails in my inbox the text is often overlapping making it impossible to read. Any possible fixes or solutions?...
  10. Windows 10 Mail Text in other language check

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail Text in other language check: Could not find any other forums on this. Every time I compose a new email, a pop-up displays, "Text in [insert random language] is not being checked. Do you want to enable proofing...?". It is frustrating for Windows to keep making suggestions on things I do not need. If...