Windows 10: .text file back to vtt file

Discus and support .text file back to vtt file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I accidently open an vtt file type to open with Notepad and tick the check box "Always use this app to open .vtt files" and all the vtt files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by migustik, May 20, 2020.

1. migustik Win User

.text file back to vtt file

Hi, I accidently open an vtt file type to open with Notepad and tick the check box "Always use this app to open .vtt files" and all the vtt files changed to text file. I need to set it back as an vtt file for it to run subtitle with the VLC Media Player. Any suggestions? Please help really need it asap. Thanks a lot in advance!

:)

migustik, May 20, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 20, 2020
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, May 20, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. .text file back to vtt file - Similar Threads - text file vtt

2. File Explorer not finding text in PRG files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not finding text in PRG files: I create a file in a folder named test.txtI enter the text Prodigy and save.I create another file in the same folder named test.prgI enter the text Prodigy and save.I open File Explorer and enter the test Prodigy in the search box.It finds the test.txt file but does NOT find...
  3. File Explorer not finding text in PRG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not finding text in PRG files: I create a file in a folder named test.txtI enter the text Prodigy and save.I create another file in the same folder named test.prgI enter the text Prodigy and save.I open File Explorer and enter the test Prodigy in the search box.It finds the test.txt file but does NOT find...
  4. file explorer couldn't find text in a pure text .v file

file explorer couldn't find text in a pure text .v file: Dear Support/Expert, this is not a joke, I should ask this question to Microsoft, but don't know how. while I am working on a Quartus project, there a lot of .v files, and I want find a variable in all the files, so I use win10 file explorer, in this case, a variable...
  5. text file debug.txt

text file debug.txt: hello, there is a text file on the desktop containing xxx / xxxxxx ERROR: settings.cc 430] Settings version is not 5, where there are numbers under x but I don't know if you can enter them here: D...
  6. Subtitle formatting with VTT files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Subtitle formatting with VTT files?: Hello! I previously posted this to the Simple Questions thread but it doesn’t seem to be a simple enough question to have generated much of a response so posting wider... hope that’s okay! :) I recorded a meeting on Zoom and have downloaded the video and VTT files. I am...
  7. Copy folder or file names as a text file

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy folder or file names as a text file: Hi i have an extension called copy file names but doesn’t work very well, mucks up the order.... if i I use the windows option it works but I get more info than I need, I simply want the file name... are there switches Cher’s I can use to achieve this ..? thanks 135675
  8. Changing same file text in multiple files....

Changing same file text in multiple files....: Good Day: I have many files that have the exact same text string in all of them. Below is a list of just some of the files. [ATTACH] As you can see, all the files have "MACF" in them except the very first one. Somehow, I would to be able to change the "MACF" to "MACRO"...
  9. SAVE TEXT FILE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAVE TEXT FILE: HOW DO I SAVE A NEW TEXT FILE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/save-text-file/01f023b9-60d7-41a5-8f09-5291aae54c07
  10. Text files in unicode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text files in unicode: How do I change text format from ANSI to Unicode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/text-files-in-unicode/134feeda-1018-4d72-b5ee-b3eaa55a07cd