Windows 10: "Text File" missing from explorer right click context

Discus and support "Text File" missing from explorer right click context in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I right click somewhere in explorer or desktop, New Text File is missing. I searched for this problem and it seems like the registry responsible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZenMasta, Sep 30, 2019.

1. ZenMasta Win User

"Text File" missing from explorer right click context

When I right click somewhere in explorer or desktop, New Text File is missing. I searched for this problem and it seems like the registry responsible for this is present, so I don't know what is left to do.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/new-text-document-shortcut-missing-from-the-right/022309a6-cd08-41df-8e55-95e83397ae73

I'm on build 1903

"Text File" missing from explorer right click context 46a65df7-a817-472e-8e50-3c6ab2b3d921?upload=true.png

:)

ZenMasta, Sep 30, 2019

2. mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Explorer.exe right click context menu missing links

Now I need the other codes.

Where can I find them all?

I need the codes for copy, paste, rename, and delete.

I know there are more but those are the ones I found.

JamesProvost, Sep 30, 2019
  4. "Text File" missing from explorer right click context

Explorer.exe right click context menu missing links

Hi James,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you recreate the missing links in the File Explorer. You may refer to the steps provided below:

• Type regedit in Run box.
    • Hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
    • Verify the registry key listed below:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New\

(Default)

Has the value listed as follows:

{D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}

4. Recreate it to match this value If it does not exists or if it shows a different value

5. Restart the File Explorer.

Registry Disclaimer:

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about
    how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Update us with the result.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

"Text File" missing from explorer right click context

1. "Text File" missing from explorer right click context - Similar Threads - Text File missing

2. Right-click Print missing from Windows 11 context menu

in Windows 10 News
    Right-click Print missing from Windows 11 context menu: [IMG]In Windows computers, you can print a file or document using the right-click context menu. If you have noticed, Windows shows the Print option in the right-click menu on clicking a file or a document. In Windows 11, you have to click Show more options to view the Print...
  3. Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu: Hi,When I right click on my mouse, I do not see add to the "short-cut" option in the context menu, unless I am on the laptop screen itself, in which case it is under "new" option on the context menu. In addition, I want to add "sniping tool" and calculator to the context...
  4. Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu: Hi,When I right click on my mouse, I do not see add to the "short-cut" option in the context menu, unless I am on the laptop screen itself, in which case it is under "new" option on the context menu. In addition, I want to add "sniping tool" and calculator to the context...
  5. Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  7. Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.: Hello Context menu is working fine in desktop and side panel but, after selecting folder and right clicking it never opens waited around 15 min file explore is not showing not responding tag. tried every thing which are mentioned in this thread....
  8. Volume Mixer and File Explorer gone black cant see text in right click context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Mixer and File Explorer gone black cant see text in right click context menu: From yesterday when ever i go to the volume mixer it has been completely black. [ATTACH] The top of my File Explorer has also gone black. [ATTACH] I havent made any changes to my themes or colours this has happened out of no where....
  9. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...
  10. Pin/Unpin is missing from right click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin/Unpin is missing from right click context menu: Hi guys I reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and after that the pin/unpin options is missing from the context menu (right click) to pin/unpin tiles from the startmenu. Any ideas? 39795