Windows 10: text files from desktop converted to .jpeg

Discus and support text files from desktop converted to .jpeg in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden all the folders and files (mainly text) on my desktop have disappeared. After a long search I was able to find them in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Smoorp, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Smoorp Win User

text files from desktop converted to .jpeg

All of a sudden all the folders and files (mainly text) on my desktop have disappeared.
    After a long search I was able to find them in C:\users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\BridgeCS4\Cache\256\Desktop6E309C78.
    All the files are saved as .jpg and they really are images, so changing the file extension does not bring them back to text.
    All this looks very strange to me, I can't figure out how it could happen.
    Is there any way I can recover my files? Thank you!

:)

Smoorp, Mar 4, 2016

2. NOTEPAD

Hello Lillian,

Thank you for reaching out. Let's get this issue resolved.

To create a Desktop shortcut for Notepad, follow the steps below:

1. On your Desktop, right-click on a free space, then select
    New.

2. Click on Shortcut and enter in the location field:
    %WINDIR%\notepad.exe

3. Click on the Next button. It will ask you to enter the name for the shortcut you've created.

To convert the jpeg files back to text files, perform the steps below:

1. Right-click on the file that was converted to jpeg, then select
    Rename.

2. For example: File1.jpeg rename it to File1.txt

3. Double-click on the file and it should now open in Notepad.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 4, 2016
  3. AlBjHare Win User
    how do i change an existing file from jpeg to pdf ?

how do I convert an existing file from a jpeg image to a pdf file ?

AlBjHare, Mar 4, 2016
  4. text files from desktop converted to .jpeg

That isn't where your files went. Those are the cache files Adobe Bridge makes, thumbnails and such. You have looked in C:\Users\user\Desktop. Right?

logicearth, Mar 4, 2016
  5. Smoorp Win User
    I've looked for every single file with Locate32. I could only find the non-updated backups. The latest ones appear to be only in those cache files.

Smoorp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

text files from desktop converted to .jpeg

1. text files from desktop converted to .jpeg - Similar Threads - text files desktop

2. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.A ICO file is real nice.It can become, the picture on a desktop shortcut.What I need is to, convert either of these files.To an ICO file.Without, mentioning names. Most of these applications, have a limit.After converting, a few...
  3. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.A ICO file is real nice.It can become, the picture on a desktop shortcut.What I need is to, convert either of these files.To an ICO file.Without, mentioning names. Most of these applications, have a limit.After converting, a few...
  4. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Convert from webp to jpeg . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert from webp to jpeg . . .: I've got, a computer. Running, Windows 10.A family member, of mine. Sent me a bunch, of pictures.But they're all, Webp files. Over 100, all together.They're all, in one folder. I know I can, open one.And save it, as a Jpeg. But, 100. One, at a time?I came here looking for an...
  6. Convert from webp to jpeg . . .

Convert from webp to jpeg . . .: I've got, a computer. Running, Windows 10.A family member, of mine. Sent me a bunch, of pictures.But they're all, Webp files. Over 100, all together.They're all, in one folder. I know I can, open one.And save it, as a Jpeg. But, 100. One, at a time?I came here looking for an...
  7. Convert from webp to jpeg . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. convert pdf files to jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert pdf files to jpeg: Does anyone know how to convert PDF files to JPEG in Windows 10? I received some pictures of a great niece that I would like to open in my photo editor so that I can print them but they came in PDF form and my photo editor will not accept PDF files. I am using Windows 10,...
  9. Convert MP3 file To Text?

Convert MP3 file To Text?: Is there a free non spy app to do this? A Cursory GOOGLE search seemed to indicate that there may be some online remedies but I would rather not upload. I took a phone recording .arm file and used VLC to convert it to an MP3 file. Now I want to convert the MP3 file to text. I...
  10. convert html file to jpeg file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert html file to jpeg file?: I have a document that I need to send. It needs to be sent as a jpeg. How do I convert it to be accepted by the receiver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-html-file-to-jpeg-file/21f70c0f-026c-4afd-ace3-d960158f6eda"