Windows 10: Text files in unicode

Discus and support Text files in unicode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change text format from ANSI to Unicode?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paul racicot, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Text files in unicode

How do I change text format from ANSI to Unicode?

:)

paul racicot, Jul 29, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 29, 2018
  3. kevvyb Win User
    Storing Bitlocker key files in KeePass - text file encoding

Have tested the text files (.bek keys) that were attached to KeePass enoded with Unicode-8 (the default that KeePass offers when attaching a text file). These files transferred to a USB worked to decrypt the BitLocker encrypted drive.

I did not test any of the other text file encoders in the KeePass list.

kevvyb, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Text files in unicode

FordGT90Concept, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Text files in unicode

1. Text files in unicode - Similar Threads - Text files unicode

2. Combo box not showing full Unicode text when an item is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combo box not showing full Unicode text when an item is selected: Issue DescriptionWhen items in the ComboBox list contain non-English text i.e. include characters that span multiple bytes, selecting those items results in the text being truncated in the selection field. This truncation also occurs when setting text in the ComboBox using...
  3. Combo box not showing full Unicode text when an item is selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combo box not showing full Unicode text when an item is selected: Issue DescriptionWhen items in the ComboBox list contain non-English text i.e. include characters that span multiple bytes, selecting those items results in the text being truncated in the selection field. This truncation also occurs when setting text in the ComboBox using...
  4. UNICODE Trouble

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNICODE Trouble: Hello, I can't use unicode correctly anymore for a few days. For example typing ALT+212 would give È that I can get now with the win+; But if I do it now, it makes seams like a wrong default unicode table ... probably in register? Any solution?...
  5. Why some text Unicode Character display as square box?

in Cortana
    Why some text Unicode Character display as square box?: when i type some text like "" in windows 10, it display as square box while android does not, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-some-text-unicode-character-display-as-square/50573790-e2f4-4dae-857c-d9a284b74af4
  6. Getting Telugu Unicode Text Display problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting Telugu Unicode Text Display problem: Hi , I have recently updated windows 10 and some telugu fonts after that I am getting Broken text in Browser and office applications like MS word, it is displaying correct in Notepad Please let me know how to solve this error I have deleted fonts which are newly...
  7. Unicode in Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unicode in Notepad: I copy a bunch of .txt files saved with UTF-8 type from my old computer (Win7) to a new one (Win10). When I open these .txt files, they all become garbage. Even after I SAVE AS with UTF-8, they still show garbage. How do I recover them?...
  8. Unicode Hindi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unicode Hindi: There is no option for the question mark symbol when we type by switching to the keyboard to Unicode Hindi. Every time I have to type the symbol then I have to switch to the English option. I was wondering if either the option of the symbol could be added any other...
  9. remove unicode element from notepad text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove unicode element from notepad text: I'm trying to remove a Unicode element from a notepad document. Win10 notepad tells me of the issue as I attempt to save. I don't need the Unicode in my text. How can I identify it for deletion?...
  10. UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....

in Windows 10 Support
    UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....: there is no unicode on windows 10 help please and paint it black. 13183