Windows 10: Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.

Discus and support Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop not only that when I go into file explorer and look at files it only shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikaelAllen, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.

The text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop not only that when I go into file explorer and look at files it only shows the picture of the files but no text beside it. Please HELP.

:)

MikaelAllen, Sep 6, 2021
  2. donwb Win User

Color Changes to mouse hover

Hi Dick

Tried the icon cache reset, it did reset, but so far I didn't detect any change.

I looked at your step recording. What's interesting is that your taskbar does show a loudspeaker icon, apparently even when you're not hovering over it. Then when you click on it you get the vertical slider picture. I get that but by clicking on an empty box. For me, the same is true for the other missing icon - "new notifications"

In your other picture of the mouse over the power icon, I get that just the same, but when I move the mouse down to the first option - Sleep - it is replaced by a black rectangle.

I'll live with these for the time being.

I will try MCBUILDER.exe and report the results later.

.....then I'd have to consider the Spitfires.......

Many thanks
    Don

donwb, Sep 6, 2021
  3. donwb Win User

I am running Win 10 Tech Evaluation and Win 7 in dual boot. That's fine.
    But when it comes to personalizing win 10, the background colour of the hovering mouse is black,
    so when it's hovered over black text, the text is obliterated.
    How can I change the hovering mouse background colour?

Also, when in desktop, the RH toolbar's "speakers / headphone" and "new notification" icons do not show until the mouse is hovered.

And finally, how do I put the taskbar's "hidden Icons" visible on the taskbar.

Any help would much appreciated.

donwb, Sep 6, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.

Don, one last thought... Check to see if you have the latest (best) graphics card driver. HP may have one better than TP version for your box. Dick...

f14tomcat, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.

1. Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop. - Similar Threads - Text goes black

2. My desktop screen goes black when I use the mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop screen goes black when I use the mouse: On my desktop, when I use the mouse to select things, that part of the screen goes black.I went to Storage -> Temporary files in the settings and cleared everything. It started after that.I already restarted the computer and checked for updates....
  3. My desktop screen goes black when I use the mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop screen goes black when I use the mouse: On my desktop, when I use the mouse to select things, that part of the screen goes black.I went to Storage -> Temporary files in the settings and cleared everything. It started after that.I already restarted the computer and checked for updates....
  4. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  5. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  6. Text select pointer goes completely white colored when hovering over black text with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text select pointer goes completely white colored when hovering over black text with a...: Hello, a couple of days ago, windows updates installed a new AMD display driver. Since then, the text select pointer has been going completely white colored when I hover over black text with a white background This happens on all websites and on both Edge & Chrome, so it...
  7. Text select pointer goes completely white colored when hovering over black text with a...

Text select pointer goes completely white colored when hovering over black text with a...: Hello, a couple of days ago, windows updates installed a new AMD display driver. Since then, the text select pointer has been going completely white colored when I hover over black text with a white background This happens on all websites and on both Edge & Chrome, so it...
  8. desktop goes black whenever I hover my mouse over the maximize/restore down button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop goes black whenever I hover my mouse over the maximize/restore down button: Ever since updating to windows 11, whenever I hover my mouse over the maximize/restore down button for more than a second, a little bubble appears showing the different snap options for your open windows, but whenever that happens my desktop goes black, all the icons...
  9. desktop goes black whenever I hover my mouse over the maximize/restore down button

desktop goes black whenever I hover my mouse over the maximize/restore down button: Ever since updating to windows 11, whenever I hover my mouse over the maximize/restore down button for more than a second, a little bubble appears showing the different snap options for your open windows, but whenever that happens my desktop goes black, all the icons...
  10. Change desktop icons when hovering over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change desktop icons when hovering over: I have changed the options to make it so that when I click and drag, the selection box is red but now I want to make it so that when I hover over icons their background appears red instead of the light blue/gray. Is it possible to change the background color from the image...