Windows 10: Text has disappeared from File Explorer drive labels and file names following Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Text has disappeared from File Explorer drive labels and file names following Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Text labels have also disappeared from menu options on File Explorer, LiveMail and many other apps. I have already run sfc /scannow and DISM /Online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisOwens9, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Text has disappeared from File Explorer drive labels and file names following Windows 10 Update

Text labels have also disappeared from menu options on File Explorer, LiveMail and many other apps. I have already run sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth. I tried updating the video adapter driver in Device Manager, but this is one of the apps affected by the menu/filename issue so I could not identify the drivers to update.

:)

ChrisOwens9, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2020
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Text has disappeared from File Explorer drive labels and file names following Windows 10 Update

Can't assign volume names in File Explorer

PARTHA SARATHI DEY, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Text has disappeared from File Explorer drive labels and file names following Windows 10 Update

1. Text has disappeared from File Explorer drive labels and file names following Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Text has disappeared

2. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  3. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  4. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Explorer, file labeled “Windows. Old”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, file labeled “Windows. Old”: I have a folder in my File Explorer, Windows 10, labeled “Windows. Old” dated 1/26/2021. I think it might be from a reset I did. Do I need to keep this, or can I delete it? It’s large and it takes forever to run a full scan, maybe by deleting this file it would speed things...
  6. File Explorer, file labeled “Windows. Old”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer, file labeled “Windows. Old”: I have a folder in my File Explorer, Windows 10, labeled “Windows. Old” dated 1/26/2021. I think it might be from a reset I did. Do I need to keep this, or can I delete it? It’s large and it takes forever to run a full scan, maybe by deleting this file it would speed things...
  7. File Explorer, file labeled “Windows. Old”

8. OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer

OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer: I have a OneDrive Personal Account. This used to be listed in the list of files and folders in File Explorer. It still is on my HP desktop running W11, but has disappeared from my W10 HP laptop. I've tried the 'Restore your OneDrive' instructions, but they don't seem to...
  9. Drive name shown in Explorer is different from volume label

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive name shown in Explorer is different from volume label: I have an external USB drive with the volume label "HDD-2." But when I connect it, Explorer shows the name as "Toshiba Canvio Hard Drive." [img] If I attempt to rename it in Explorer (right click -> Rename), the name reverts to "Toshiba Canvio Hard Drive" as soon as I hit...
  10. Optical Drive Disappears from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Drive Disappears from File Explorer: After much procrastination on upgrading a perfectly good Windows 7 operating system, I took the leap and successfully upgrading to Windows 10 over Two months ago. After completing the upgrade, I though wow what a great product. All of the installed drives, devices etc. were...