Windows 10: Text/Highlight Menu Colour

Discus and support Text/Highlight Menu Colour in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, First off can I say many thanks to the Guys here who helped me getting back into Windows 10. I am now running Windows 10 1903 and one very small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimmTurner1, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Text/Highlight Menu Colour

Hi, First off can I say many thanks to the Guys here who helped me getting back into Windows 10. I am now running Windows 10 1903 and one very small change I have noticed is that when I do a right click on a menu the text highlight is a white/cream colour (Image below) which sometimes find it hard to see what I have selected. Question can this be change to lets say a light blue?

Text/Highlight Menu Colour 250d9cc8-80b8-461a-bcb1-d069fa435da0?upload=true.jpg

:)

TimmTurner1, Jul 15, 2019

2. Changeing text colour.

• Hi i am Carla,i have a problem,i want to change the text colour in my chat window,but when i click on it it dose not show me any colours to choose from,and i want to change the text colour on my screen from green to another
      colour and do not know how to do it. I have Windows 10.

carlajohnson, Jul 15, 2019
  3. 83n38 Win User
    Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

It looks like the RGB value that my computer has set should be similar to R: 253, G: 0, B: 249.
    In the "Colors" directory of regedit there's no value that looks as if it has been set to the hot pink colour. Interestingly the hot pink highlight also shows up for some text in regedit:

Text/Highlight Menu Colour [​IMG]

Note: the pink highlight doesn't occur when I actually highlight things. It doesn't disapear when I highlight things either. It just shows up by default on certain bits of text, most commonly settings tabs (File, Edit, Tools, View, etc.) in most programs and hover/tooltip text on things - e.g. Hovering over a text document on my desktop will tell me the Type, Size, and Date modified but all this information has this strange pink highlight.

Because of this I'm not sure which value to change as Hilight seems to be set to the default blue, could you suggest a directory where I might find the correct value to change?

Thanks Text/Highlight Menu Colour :)

83n38, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Text/Highlight Menu Colour

No more "Search" on highlighted text?

In the last few version of Windows you have been able to highlight a bit of text within the browser and right click to see the context menu and choose "Search" to search the internet with that text. In the Desktop versions of the older browsers (Windows
    7 and 8) you would see lots of possible options on that context menu, and in the Modern browser in Windows 8 you would just see "Search".

With Edge I don't see that. I have to manually Copy, then Paste the text into the address line to search.

Am I missing something? Has this feature been lost? If so, that's a big backwards step! Many times every day I need to highlight some text on my screen and search for it.

JoelSchoenberg, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Text/Highlight Menu Colour

1. Text/Highlight Menu Colour - Similar Threads - Text Highlight Menu

2. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  3. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  4. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  5. highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  6. Highlighting text

Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  7. Right click text highlight menu color

Right click text highlight menu color: Hi, With the new windows update, The highlighted box color is grey as you can see in the example below when I hover over "Refresh". Is there a way to change that to blue ? I dont want to change the theme . [ATTACH] Thank you...
  8. Can't highlight text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't highlight text: Ever since a Windows 10 update a while back my mouse has not worked properly. I can't highlight text, or it highlights one word and jumps around. I've tried updating the driver and no luck. What is going on?!!...
  9. Windows 10 Highlight Colour

Windows 10 Highlight Colour: Hi all, This is a problem that's been irritating me for a while as i just don;t seem to be able to find a solution. A few weeks ago I seem to have inadvertently hit some sort of shortcut which is changing certain colour highlights to orange: Now...my Windows 10 accent...
  10. Text Colours

Text Colours: My Desktop normally shows text in black and / or green - can I change the green text to a more readable colour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/text-colours/e2164841-5989-4f69-9713-9870d6fd1dc9