Windows 10: Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge brings a PDF highlighter feature that helps to highlight PDF text with any of the four colors: Light Blue, Green, Yellow, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 15, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge

WinClub, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

No more "Search" on highlighted text?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused. There is no option to search on the highlighted text in Microsoft Edge. I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer so that you can use the search option on the highlighted text.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issue on Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Highlight, Seach on Edge?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Highlighting text in Microsoft edge is not removed. I would suggest you to reset Microsoft edge and see if that helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click on More options.

3. Click on Settings.

4. Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.

g. Select all of them and click on Clear all.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge

Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge

Baseline:
    Will not highlight individual text characters in Edge, yet will "deselect" individual characters.
    Works fine in Chrome.

Update:
    Works fine in Open Office (I don't have Word)
    Works fine in Windows Notepad.
    Works fine in Edge's address bar.*Confused
    Same problem with downloaded .pdf files.
    Same problem in Explorer.

I believe I have no other text-related apps to test.

bamashooter, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge

1. Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Text Highlighter working

2. Highlighting text does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting text does not work: Data highlighting to Copy data is not working correctly or consistently. Frequently when highlighting multiple letters or words the curser hangs up and stops moving so I can’t highlight all of the desired text. This occurs on multiple applications – Word, Outlook, Firefox,...
  3. Highlighting text does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting text does not work: Data highlighting to Copy data is not working correctly or consistently. Frequently when highlighting multiple letters or words the curser hangs up and stops moving so I can’t highlight all of the desired text. This occurs on multiple applications – Word, Outlook, Firefox,...
  4. Highlighting text does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  6. How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Besides many good features, Microsoft Edge is also a handy PDF reader. Apart from viewing a PDF file, it provides some good tools to use […] This article How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. highlighting in new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting in new Microsoft Edge: I have new Microsoft Edge but I cannot find how to highlight the pdf files there. The old version allowed me to quickly highlight a text. Now it is very incontinent...
  8. Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser: Hello all, I am using edge as a pdf reader and I am highlighting it while reading. And now I want to check all my highlighted texts without traversing the whole document like we can do in Adobe. How to do it??...
  9. Highlighter not working on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Highlighter not working on Microsoft Edge: I used to be able to open a PDF file in Microsoft Edge and highlight the necessary parts of the document. But something has changed and now I cannot highlight the part of the document. When I click on the highlighter nothing happens. I have an HP Envy pc/tablet. Neither pen...
  10. Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge: For example, I highlight a word and as I move toward the next, I cannot highlight a letter or two, it grabs the entire word. It's like the highlight color is moving in chunks or snapping to a grid. I checked and changed a couple of mouse settings and it did nothing. I...