Windows 10: Text & icons in start menu greyed out

Discus and support Text & icons in start menu greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm in need of assistance. You see just recently I've reseted the Local Group Policy settings on my computer through the command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by #Mokkel, Mar 2, 2019.

1. #Mokkel Win User

Text & icons in start menu greyed out

Hello everyone, I'm in need of assistance.

You see just recently I've reseted the Local Group Policy settings on my computer through the command prompt method.

Though after the process was complete I discovered that there was a problem with my start menu. All the text & icons are greyed out! The apps work totally fine and launch without any problems. Its just the text and icons that are are effected. And considering the fact that I use the dark theme it makes the items in the menu almost invisible.

I've already tried system restore and regesty editing through the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\StateChange\PackageList

None of them worked.

I'm already on the lattest build and would rather not resort to resetting my PC if that's possible

:)

#Mokkel, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Grey text on start menu?

After latest cumulative update I notice loads of my start menu entries are written in grey. Most are white but there are quite a few in grey. They still seem to launch ok but this is very odd. Rebooting seems to return many of the text entries to white but then slowly more and more start to go grey! It seems to keep changing too, one boot 'documents' or say 'wikipedia' will be grey and then next time they will be written in white but then something like 'amazon' or 'tips' will be grey text. Anyone else seen this? Maybe it's a feature but what might it signify?

Scottyboy99, Mar 2, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Text & icons in start menu greyed out prob.jpg

psyko12, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Text & icons in start menu greyed out - Similar Threads - Text icons start

2. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  3. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  4. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  6. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  7. Start Menu looks greyed out

8. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start screen icons have turned grey Not sure what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-some-start-menu-icons-greyed-out/0612f1af-5c10-41c7-be6b-1295bfd0a9df
  9. Grey text on start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey text on start menu?: After latest cumulative update I notice loads of my start menu entries are written in grey. Most are white but there are quite a few in grey. They still seem to launch ok but this is very odd. Rebooting seems to return many of the text entries to white but then slowly more...
  10. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start menu icons appear greyed out, although I can still click on them and they work fine, just wondering if anybody knows how to fix it, have already tried sfc /scannow no errors found Also tried rebuilding icon cache as per here How to reset the icon cache...