Windows 10: Text in clipboard overwritten by cutting a file?

Discus and support Text in clipboard overwritten by cutting a file? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear community,A client observed that the textual clipboard e.g. after Ctrl + C or Right click > Copy operation will be emptied when a file cut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by st3ff, Feb 4, 2023.

1. st3ff Win User

Text in clipboard overwritten by cutting a file?

Dear community,A client observed that the textual clipboard e.g. after Ctrl + C or Right click > Copy operation will be emptied when a file cut operation e.g. via Ctrl + X or right click > Cut is performed. I.e. a copied text can no longer be pasted if a file cut operation has been performed inbetween.This seems to be new with latest versions of Windows 10 and Windows 11. Is this an expected behavior? It makes file copy and rename operations more cumbersome and would not be necessary.The behavior is the same with clipboard history being enabled or disabled. I could reproduce it on Wi

:)

st3ff, Feb 4, 2023
  2. radsdau Win User

Clipboard gets overwritten while performing other actions on the computer

Let me clarify that: In ClipClip whenever the clip type is 'Text' then exactly that text pastes into Notepad, as expected.

When the type is 'File' then nothing pastes into Notepad, also as expected.

If I have general text on the clipboard, and right-click in a folder, the path of the parent folder OVERWRITES the copied text.

The trick is I cannot determine the exact steps to make it play up every time. Sometimes if I right-click in the folder the text is overwritten, sometimes not. If I switch to another window then back, then usually does it (the fault).

Ctrl-Shift-N seems to do it every time though.

radsdau, Feb 4, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Cut and clipboard

Hi dipdas

When you cut or copy something that is placed on the Clipboard

The Clipboard is basically a location in your RAM

Hibernating writes the state of your RAM to your hard drive, then when you wake you PC, that is written back to RAM

Therefore, the item that was cut or copied to the clipboard will still exist even after hibernation . . .

DaveM121, Feb 4, 2023
  4. dipdas Win User

Cut and clipboard

When i cut a jpeg image file and paste it in another folder, does it save on clipboard ?

I am using Windows 10 pro of 2015 .

dipdas, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

1. Text in clipboard overwritten by cutting a file? - Similar Threads - Text clipboard overwritten

2. Text in clipboard overwritten by cutting a file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text in clipboard overwritten by cutting a file?: Dear community,A client observed that the textual clipboard e.g. after Ctrl + C or Right click > Copy operation will be emptied when a file cut operation e.g. via Ctrl + X or right click > Cut is performed. I.e. a copied text can no longer be pasted if a file cut operation...
  3. Update 22610.1 ruined scrolling text, all text overwritten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update 22610.1 ruined scrolling text, all text overwritten: Whenever i scroll it overwrites the below texts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-226101-ruined-scrolling-text-all-text/d3663e5b-3684-4533-9767-15f9d836b45f
  4. Recovering Clipboard text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering Clipboard text: [this is pretty urgent, as i will lose hours of work as soon as i shut my computer down, and i'm always scared something could cause it to shut down, like an automated windows update at 3 am] So, i opened my code in an editor that i've been using for a long time. For some...
  5. How to recover an overwritten text document

in Windows 10 Support
    How to recover an overwritten text document: I was updating my desktop folder where I kept an important text document file and I accidently over wrote it with an older file which was not updating and was from 2016. I had a lot of important text from the past 4 years in the text document file. Is there any way I can...
  6. Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard: Does anyone know how to modify the tutorial "Copy Contents to Clipboard" through some sort of command or bat file to copy the contents of multiple text files at once to the clipboard, each file separated by lines/space or something? Add Copy Contents to Clipboard to Context...
  7. Multiple texts in the clipboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple texts in the clipboard?: Hi folks, I wanted to know how I can manage to have several texts in the clipboard at the same time (i.e. copy and paste). I know a lot of people who do this but I am too stupid for it. Maybe someone can help me. Thanks Mehrere Texte in Zwischenablage?
  8. Overwritten file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Overwritten file: I have recently used the "Do you want to replace the file in this destination" feature to replace a file. Is there any way to recover this file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overwritten-file/4ce9af1f-2faa-408e-b7bc-cd98065bfacb
  9. File Overwritten

File Overwritten: i orginally had a the documents written on my laptop storage then i back up on a USB then edit the word doc on the usb (Removable Disk) instead then i try to replace all the folder stored in the USB to Laptop storage then i loose my newest documents, updated...
  10. Cut and clipboard

Cut and clipboard: When i cut a jpeg image file and paste it in another folder, does it save on clipboard ? I am using Windows 10 pro of 2015 . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-clipboard/94c79c72-552b-45a9-a624-42845d2a7fbb"