Windows 10: Text in cmd and windows icons missing

Discus and support Text in cmd and windows icons missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, Ive got an problem, because i wanted to free up some disc space, ive entered the COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always command in powershell, now i dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blessed, Apr 30, 2019.

1. blessed Win User

Text in cmd and windows icons missing

Hey, Ive got an problem, because i wanted to free up some disc space, ive entered the COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always command in powershell, now i dont have an cmd text and i cant see an windows icons
    Text in cmd and windows icons missing [​IMG]

Text in cmd and windows icons missing [​IMG]

:)

blessed, Apr 30, 2019

2. Missing Desktop Icon Text

Not sure what happen here. I have scanned this rig with Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, Combofix, SmitfraudFix, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator and have found nothing.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2310/desktoplo.png

as you can see in the pic, the icons are there but the text is missing. I can click on some of the icons, but other ones I click and nothing happens. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks...

Morrison5891, Apr 30, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Text in cmd and windows icons missing - Similar Threads - Text cmd icons

2. Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons missing, Only text showing: I have Three user accounts in my PC and this issue affects two of them My Desktop icons have disappeared and i can only see the Names of each shortcut which i am able to click to open as usual. In Windows Explorer My Navigation Pane is empty and my Libraries icons are...
  3. Icons are missing.

Icons are missing.: When I booted up my pc this morning, I seen that some of my applications icons are missing. But they are only missing from start menu not on desktop. Start menu showing all applications but on some applications it is only showing name not the icon. Applications are working...
  4. Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing: I've had a strange issue on two computers after the last two upgrades. After computers have rebooted all the icons, folder thumbnails are gone. Only thing left is the text or name. Clicking on the text opens the shortcut or folder as always. Had to put a backup back on to...
  5. Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen: This Morning I booted up my system and started playing CSGO (Played many times without any issues) and by mistake I pressed windows key and after few mins quit the game but the system acting weirdly after that (Screenshot Attached below) Laptop: DELL 15 - 7548 Inspiron...
  6. Search bar on windows 10 has text glitches/icons missing

Search bar on windows 10 has text glitches/icons missing: I have tried restarting my system and still no luck, please help thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/search-bar-on-windows-10-has-text-glitchesicons/eba25d10-cbf4-4aa4-9dbf-6f6e87d0499e
  7. Color of Icon text

Color of Icon text: Is there a way to make it black? right now I can only make them white or white with a drop-shadow. 60017
  8. God Mode icon text missing after Creator

in Windows 10 Support
    God Mode icon text missing after Creator: Since installing Creators Update I have lost, and cannot re-display, the text under my "God Mode" icon on the desktop. It refuses to display after repeated attempts, or after deleting and remaking the folder setup. I have also re-built the icon cache. Once clicked, the icon...
  9. Icons missing (But program text remains)

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing (But program text remains): [img] So this is my problem, as you can see, the program names are there, but all the icons, including the taskbar icons, and the icons in file explorer/task manager, are gone, before anyone asks, clicking to hide or show icons just makes the text disappear as well. When...
  10. icon text

in Windows 10 Support
    icon text: The area in the display settings to change font sizes etc is grayed out and I can not find any way to make my various text sizes bold... pls adv. 12081