Windows 10: Text Input Cursor is a Black Box

Discus and support Text Input Cursor is a Black Box in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As seen in the screen shot, the insert cursor is thicker than usual, the image hasn't been enhanced. It flickers like the normal cursor I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hilly Lord, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Text Input Cursor is a Black Box

Text Input Cursor is a Black Box 8a1da05b-c3a6-41b6-ae3e-91bdaa8ff55a?upload=true.png

As seen in the screen shot, the insert cursor is thicker than usual, the image hasn't been enhanced. It flickers like the normal cursor

I have this problem on many places, file explorer, word, and inserting password etc

All help appreciated.

:)

Hilly Lord, Feb 3, 2021

2. Cursor disappears while typing in text box

*Original Title: cursor and text box issues

After clicking in a text box, the cursor disappears if the mouse/cursor moves anywhere but in the same text box. I cannot click in the text box and write unless I make sure the mouse is held in the same box. Windows 10

any suggestions?

RobertGiberti, Feb 3, 2021
  3. I have a black rectangle box attached and surrounding my curser How do I remove it? Is it the same as the BLUE box you mention?

Hi Jane,

In a computer user interface, a cursor is an indicator used to show the current position for user interaction on a computer monitor or other display device that will respond to input from a text
    input or pointing device. Here are the step that you can follow to eliminate the black box surrounding your cursor:

• Click Start and type Control Panel and hit
      Enter.
    • Under Control Panel, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Select Make the computer easier to see.
    • Under Make things easier to see, Select
      the thickness of the blinking cursor to 1.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Text Input Cursor is a Black Box

Black text boxes after upgrading to windows 10

Hi Ten Forums

After upgrading to windows 10 I'm getting black text boxes see below.

Text Input Cursor is a Black Box [​IMG]

Text Input Cursor is a Black Box [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

windows10sajoke, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Text Input Cursor is a Black Box

1. Text Input Cursor is a Black Box - Similar Threads - Text Input Cursor

2. Cursor making a black box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor making a black box: Whenever i increase my size of cursor to something above 6 and when i start moving my cursor up a black box starts coming from below and when i move my cursor up the black box moves up with it. and whenever i try to take a screenshot the black box thing overlaps the...
  3. Cursor making a black box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor making a black box: Whenever i increase my size of cursor to something above 6 and when i start moving my cursor up a black box starts coming from below and when i move my cursor up the black box moves up with it. and whenever i try to take a screenshot the black box thing overlaps the...
  4. ghosting of text input boxes over adjacent input boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ghosting of text input boxes over adjacent input boxes: I upgraded to Windows 11 a couple of weeks ago and ever since have struggled with ghosting of text from different input boxes displaying over each other, see images attached.This is when using engineering design software called TEDDS by Tekla.When I pass my mouse cursor over...
  5. ghosting of text input boxes over adjacent input boxes

ghosting of text input boxes over adjacent input boxes: I upgraded to Windows 11 a couple of weeks ago and ever since have struggled with ghosting of text from different input boxes displaying over each other, see images attached.This is when using engineering design software called TEDDS by Tekla.When I pass my mouse cursor over...
  6. Login Screen Password Box Text Input

Login Screen Password Box Text Input: I can sign into my computer at the login screen. However, when I type letters into the password input box it doesn't show that I am typing anything. When I type numbers it does show the little circles indicating that I have typed something. If I just type in my password, it...
  7. Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on: I have a black text box surround anything I click my cursor on and sometimes just when I hover with my cursor. This started suddenly. I have turned off the magnifier and turned off narrator. Any suggestions? [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. cursor is a big black box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor is a big black box: I had a number of apps and the logon screen where the cursor is a big black box. Windows File explorer window: [ATTACH] using these links corrected this issue clear and straight to the point -...
  9. Text cursor turned in a black box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text cursor turned in a black box: Hello, I have a problem with my text cursor. It has turned into a black box. What I mean: This happened about 2 years ago 2018 after a Windows Update. I thought it was a bug and that it would get fixed soon, but it didn't. I reinstalled Windows multiple times since then...
  10. Appearance Large black box at cursor end in text blocks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Appearance Large black box at cursor end in text blocks: Hello guys, My name is Richard and I recently upgraded to new laptop HP and there is a giant black box that appears whenever I'm trying to type it's happening to me as I write this in almost every text box I use. I've enclosed a screenshot. Pretty sure it's just a...