Windows 10: Text input method

Discus and support Text input method in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have only just recently received my Microsoft Surface Go asked am slowly relearning how to get around in the Windows/pc os. I haven't used an actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Flutterby812, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Text input method

I have only just recently received my Microsoft Surface Go asked am slowly relearning how to get around in the Windows/pc os. I haven't used an actual PC in so long! For years I've done anything and everything on my android smart phones which is just crazy. Also I am techno-challenged to the power of 10. Cant even spell tech savvy. So my apologies in advance for my cluelessness. So, I have a question about typing/text input. How, in the name of Bill Gates, do I set my text input method and keep it that way?? I do not have a physical keyboard, therefore my Go is always used in "tablet mode". I do not type, and loathe the tedious ''tap-tap-tap hunt and peck'' typing method regardless. My preference is the ''Swype'' text input method. I do Realize that the name ''Swype'' refers to a specific developers now dropped app. But the input method is available in many formats and on many devices, it's just not called ''swype'' I'm unsure what it's called by or in Windows/Microsoft I've heard it called ''continuous text'' input, for one. It's simply where you don't ever lift your finger from the screen. You swype/slide your finger around the keyboard instead of ''tap tap'' typing . sliding over the letters of the words you want to type and you're given a list of possible words using the letters you just swiped over. I hope that makes sense! I can't think of any other way to explain it! LoL I know my Surface Go does offers ''text input method'' and I use it, whenever I'm able! However,, I never know when that will be. It's very frustrating! It appears to work only sometimes kind of willy nilly. And I never know when or where the option will be there from one page/app/function to the next!! Perfect example-when I began typing this loooong wonder question, I was ''Swype typing''. Easy peasy. Then, a few sentences in, it suddenly stopped allowing me to do it. I was forced to continue, at a snails pace, hunting and pecking. I don't know what prompts it to start/stop More importantly, how to get it set to stick with one input method!! It really Drives me crazy! And I can't figure it out. There should be a setting. I looked everywhere I can think of. I tried searching for the answer I looked all through settings, starting, of course, with keyboard settings. I can't Find anything that tells me how to set the text input method definitively. There is an option to switch input methods'' but it doesn't list options, or say what you're switching or what you're switching it from or to! No matter as it doesn't appear to change anything related to what I'm asking about or anything at all to be honest!! ❔❔❔❔. �� help!!

:)

Flutterby812, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Disinto Win User
    Disinto, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Text input method

Chinese input method candidate words

look,when i play dota 2 , Chinese input method(pinyu) there is no candidate words list, it make me feel sad!

now,how can i change Chinese input method candidate words list from horizontal into vertical

海东徐1, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Text input method

1. Text input method - Similar Threads - Text input method

2. Input method not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Input method not working: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 20H2 and now my keyboard input methods for other languages don't work. I've used them for years and now after the last Windows update I can type ONLY in English. I'm using Microsoft Pinyin and Japanese IME's.Please advice. Thanks....
  3. Input method not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input method not working: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 20H2 and now my keyboard input methods for other languages don't work. I've used them for years and now after the last Windows update I can type ONLY in English. I'm using Microsoft Pinyin and Japanese IME's.Please advice. Thanks....
  4. Input method not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CPIME Input Method

CPIME Input Method: My CPIME input method is greyed out. I've tried the methods in this website: FAQ: Windows 10 Cantonese Phonetic IME CPIME greyed out :: Pinyin Joe but nothing seems to work....
  6. Input method

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input method: I find that there is one extra input method called English(Australia) How can i delete it?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-method/8f286f3b-6037-47a8-8f3b-3987b7443078
  7. japanese input method

japanese input method: I cannot switch anymore among Japanese input methods (katakana - hiragana). The icon "A" does not appear anymore. Does anyone can help to solve the problem? Many thanks....
  8. Doubled input methods.

Doubled input methods.: Hello, I have preinstalled my Windows 10 with the latest *.iso on Microsoft, and now I have four languages in my list, ENG UK, ENG US, ENG, MKD, and I only need ENG and MKD. I cannot remove the other two languages from anywhere, in the settings they aren't even shown there....
  9. input method

input method: I want to input method for keyboard in devlys010 font for hindi in main languge of windows default language. But here hindi language available but it don't take devlys010 font as input method but in Microsoft office it take it because there I have option available Thanks...
  10. Remove Input Methods

Remove Input Methods: Hey everyone, I'm running into a bit of a difficulty attempting to remove input methods. I've already removed the languages and restarted a few times, but the input methods still remain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a screenshot of the issue below....