Windows 10: Text is Greyed/Washed Out

Discus and support Text is Greyed/Washed Out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have poor eyesight and have setup high contrast to see things better in windows 10. Also set the font to 10 point bold and tried the 125% setting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by msny, Mar 1, 2016.

1. msny Win User

Text is Greyed/Washed Out

I have poor eyesight and have setup high contrast to see things better in windows 10.
    Also set the font to 10 point bold and tried the 125% setting.

In windows 7 I did not have this issue, I used the classic theme, and just set the fonts
    all bold, no problem. I think I set the DPI also to a larger setting.

But I have a problem setting up personalization settings when it comes to colors now.
    It does not seem to affect windows apps already installed on the computer, but .
    3rd party programs mostly. One in mind is the information tab in the AMD Catalyst Drivers for instance.
    When I open this up the background is white and the text is an unreadable light gold color.

In general if I set my theme to a normal without high contrast most of the text in
    all apps and programs is a light gray color, which I can barely read. How to fix this?

I've played with my ASUS monitor settings some and been able to get more contrast. It helps
    but still a problem with eye strain.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help out this old guy?
    Thanks much!

:)

msny, Mar 1, 2016
  2. bsanjurjo Win User

Make text darker (readable) against the bright white background in Windows 10

Thank you.

Graphics, grey text and photos come ou washed or discolored

bsanjurjo, Mar 1, 2016
  3. jpurchon2 Win User
    Cannot customize colors in windows 10 and bad update setting.

Can't figure out for the life of me why Microsoft would deliberately downgrade an operating system and compatible applications to remove color customization and replace with washed out greys and whites that provide poor contrast and eye-straining bright
    white. For god's sake please tell me how to get color back into the programs I have to use every day. And I am not just talking about washed out dark grey or black - I mean soothing colors that relieve eye strain caused by looking at a bright screen all
    day. I wish I could meet the genius who decided that one.

jpurchon2, Mar 1, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

SonicBlue, Mar 2, 2016
  5. msny Win User
    msny, Mar 2, 2016
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    I see what you mean. I have run into this several times. I also think in some apps these colors are set in the app and can not be changed. I also think something changed in 10 to some of the palette codes.

SonicBlue, Mar 2, 2016
  7. msny Win User
    After loading up the classic theme it now works!

Text is Greyed/Washed Out [​IMG]

Thanks much!

msny, Mar 3, 2016
  8. msny Win User

Let me explain this further.
    After using the classic theme download all I did was click on another background color.
    I said apply, then clicked it back to black, then apply.

I've stayed with a High Contrast setting using #2 modified.

What I think happened is that the black color in Calssic theme is a different black then
    standard win 10.

Actually ALL the colors are not as intense, so this is the way to go if
    your looking for some choices.

Thanks again 10 forums!

msny, Mar 3, 2016
  9. SonicBlue Win User
    Great, good to know. I have been disappointed that the only browser is chrome that can be used with high contrast themes. Lots of other apps have issues too. So I keep a couple different theme shortcuts on my desktop.

SonicBlue, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Text is Greyed/Washed Out - Similar Threads - Text Greyed Washed

2. Washed out cursors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out cursors: I just noticed after changing my cursor to a custom one that the color saturation on the cursor is weird, It looks slightly brighter/less saturated than it should beThe only ways i've found for it to display the colors properly is enabling cursor trail or dragging a windowI...
  3. Grey/washed out colors after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grey/washed out colors after windows 10 update: My specs: GTX 1060 6gb, i5-6400, 8gb ram and my monitor is a BenQ GW2406Z submitted by /u/Sandberg_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8u9xx/greywashed_out_colors_after_windows_10_update/
  4. HDR makes screen grey-ish and washed out?

HDR makes screen grey-ish and washed out?: Hi! So I've got a new monitor which has an Hdr feature I can turn on from the monitor itself, and it makes the colors a lot more vibrant than with the setting off. But in certain games like battlefront 2, it automatically makes the game grey-ish or washed out with no option...
  5. when is black really black and not a faint washed out grey?

when is black really black and not a faint washed out grey?: This grey coloured faint washed out attempt at black on computers is driving me mad, giving me severe eye strain nowadays. Please is there a way to make the font truly an intense black? This text GREY it is not black . I've tried changing font, I've tried increasing...
  6. Washed out colours.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Washed out colours.: I have a brand new laptop 3 days old, windows 10 with office home and business, colours are very washed out, images are not sharp, anyone know how to fix the problem? Thankyou....
  7. screen is too light text washes out

screen is too light text washes out: pages, especially with smaller text seems washed out. I have tried changing brightness/contrast settings on my monitor but it still does not help DELL S2419H I did not see a suitable adjustment in the "personalization" area...
  8. Washed out HDR

Washed out HDR: Hi I'm curious and wonder how many of you have made HDR work properly? I've tried most things I can try and can't get HDR to work, switched PCs, 3 different monitors, different DP cables, formatted PCs and all tests resurfaced the same with washed colors. Windows 10 bad...
  9. washed out display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    washed out display: Hi I get greenish washed out colors on display after waking PC from sleep. I uninstalled and updated graphic driver. high contrast or color temperature is turned off. this happened before, also after waking from sleep, but was fixed after restart. now it doesn't work...
  10. Change only text size greyed out.

Change only text size greyed out.: Windows does not allow me to change only text size on my desktop, menus etc. Only I can do is to change size of everything (taskbar, icons) which is not what i want. Is there any way to change only text size? 24373