Windows 10: Text isn't showing up on my desktop, taskbar, or dropdown menus, etc.

Discus and support Text isn't showing up on my desktop, taskbar, or dropdown menus, etc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few items on my desktop have text showing, but it's black and very blurry. No text shows in my taskbar, or any menus, I have no idea how to fix this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VillanovaF, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Text isn't showing up on my desktop, taskbar, or dropdown menus, etc.

A few items on my desktop have text showing, but it's black and very blurry. No text shows in my taskbar, or any menus, I have no idea how to fix this.

Any ideas?

:)

VillanovaF, Apr 28, 2020
  2. ECK Wolf Win User

Dropdown Menu on Desktop

I have been having problems with the desktop dropdown menu for over a week now. Have tried multiple solutions. Have no idea

what to do about it. The specific problem I'm having doesn't seem to show up anywhere. When I log on, the dropdown menu just scatters various application icons all over the desktop. Help!!!!

Please note: An expert did contact me via email. But what he said was just a little too "techie" for me. Would appreciate further help.

Thanks much!

ECK Wolf, Apr 28, 2020
  3. ECK Wolf Win User
    Dropdown Menu on Windows 10 desktop not working correctly

Dropdown menu on Windows 10 desktop not working correctly. Puts boxes all over the screen and there is no application list

ECK Wolf, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Text isn't showing up on my desktop, taskbar, or dropdown menus, etc.

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Text isn't showing up on my desktop, taskbar, or dropdown menus, etc.

1. Text isn't showing up on my desktop, taskbar, or dropdown menus, etc. - Similar Threads - Text isn't showing

2. My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen: My taskbar settings are set that the taskbar automatically hides and it does work, but only when my desktop is focused. If a window is fullscreen I hover my mouse at the bottom of the window but nothings happening. This happened yesterday and it worked fine before, I don't...
  3. My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen: My taskbar settings are set that the taskbar automatically hides and it does work, but only when my desktop is focused. If a window is fullscreen I hover my mouse at the bottom of the window but nothings happening. This happened yesterday and it worked fine before, I don't...
  4. Dropdown menus not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dropdown menus not working: Hello experienced Microsoft users. Recently within the past week or so I've been noticing problems with dropdown menus on websites- regardless of which browser I use, they only appear for a split second before disappearing. Sometimes, they stay up for about a half of a...
  5. Taskbar overlaps dropdown menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar overlaps dropdown menus: In some programs, I have to select options from a dropdown menu. However, the taskbar overlaps the last options, and I can't select them. Can someone help solve this issue?...
  6. Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge: In both Edge and Chrome browsers, when I click on a drop down menu, the list is unresponsive for several seconds before I can scroll down the list. After scrolling for a few seconds, the list will become unresponsive again. For example, a dropdown list of the 50 states or a...
  7. System generated pop-ups menus, options, etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System generated pop-ups menus, options, etc.: 13/09/2020 : Virtually every time I click on the screen system generated pop-ups keep appearing, often obscuring the item I actually want to deal with. It does not matter if I right-click or left-click, these unwanted pop-ups keep appearing and this has been happening for...
  8. My power icon isn't showing up on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    My power icon isn't showing up on my taskbar: My battery isn't showing up on my taskbar, but it's supposed to be on there. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-power-icon-isnt-showing-up-on-my-taskbar/61ce5b5c-3c00-4be3-82d9-afbd13de6dfc
  9. No text in menus or on desktop for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No text in menus or on desktop for Windows 10: After updating from 1803 to 1903 through windows update assistant initally everything was good after restart i can't see or find any text on desktop & even in desktop apps too Entered in safe mode too same problem occurs! Any solution?...
  10. Text in right click menus on taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Text in right click menus on taskbar missing: I think this is related to tiles disappearing on the start menu. It feels like a graphic bug. But I'm not sure. [img] 25411