Windows 10: Text Messages

Discus and support Text Messages in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I keep receiving text message with a 6 digit code followed by the statement "Use this code for Microsoft verification". What is this? What... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertMcConnell3, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Text Messages

Hello,

I keep receiving text message with a 6 digit code followed by the statement "Use this code for Microsoft verification". What is this? What can I do about these?

Thanks

:)

RobertMcConnell3, Sep 16, 2020

2. Cant send text messages

Why can't you reply to messages in your in box?

Try editing the options on your Goto list and add new text message to the list, that should save you 2 steps.(+-4seconds

on most phones the left navigation key is set as a shortcut to create a new text message by default so try this also

no1_slumko, Sep 16, 2020
  3. text messages

Hi HilaryCannon,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please answer the following:

• What model and which operating system is running on the phone?
    • Do you get an error message?
    • When was the last time that you received text message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Keep us updated!

Sincerely,

Rommel Diw, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Text Messages

Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

1. Created New MMS APN (steps here: Setup Guide for AT&T APN Settings Windows Phone & MMS Settings )
      • still didn't work
    2. Deleted MMS APN
    3. Group messages started working!! No more "getting media content", it just shows up.
    Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Text Messages

1. Text Messages - Similar Threads - Text Messages

2. use phonelink only for text message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use phonelink only for text message: is it possible to get phonelink to only be used for text message and not phone calls? I've a iPhone 14 and my laptop pickup every phone call use my laptop as a phone. I only want text messages routed to my laptop. I search high and low for a setting with no luck. TIA...
  3. use phonelink only for text message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use phonelink only for text message: is it possible to get phonelink to only be used for text message and not phone calls? I've a iPhone 14 and my laptop pickup every phone call use my laptop as a phone. I only want text messages routed to my laptop. I search high and low for a setting with no luck. TIA...
  4. why do I get the message "We cannot send a text message to this number" to any phone I use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I get the message "We cannot send a text message to this number" to any phone I use?: I'm trying to recover access to my microsoft accounts and after resetting my password and next ask to get a verification code from my phone, I get a message that "We cannot send a text message to this number". No one @ microsoft has been able to help and always send me do the...
  5. why do I get the message "We cannot send a text message to this number" to any phone I use?

why do I get the message "We cannot send a text message to this number" to any phone I use?: I'm trying to recover access to my microsoft accounts and after resetting my password and next ask to get a verification code from my phone, I get a message that "We cannot send a text message to this number". No one @ microsoft has been able to help and always send me do the...
  6. We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** number is Mongolia <Removed for Privacy> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cannot-send-a-text-message-to-this-number-how-i/3d04387d-1e3d-4314-b8e3-e61876bd5117
  7. We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** number is Mongolia +97689349797 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cannot-send-a-text-message-to-this-number-how-i/3d04387d-1e3d-4314-b8e3-e61876bd5117
  8. We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** number is Mongolia +97689349797 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cannot-send-a-text-message-to-this-number-how-i/3d04387d-1e3d-4314-b8e3-e61876bd5117
  9. We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS

I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS: I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS - How do I trouble shoot this or fix it?THANKS, Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-no-longer-receiving-incoming-text-messages/dc77084f-44d0-4780-9e49-9c82df378e02