Windows 10: Text Messages

Discus and support Text Messages in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I keep receiving text message with a 6 digit code followed by the statement "Use this code for Microsoft verification". What is this? What... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertMcConnell3, Sep 16, 2020 at 6:12 PM.

1. Text Messages

Hello,

I keep receiving text message with a 6 digit code followed by the statement "Use this code for Microsoft verification". What is this? What can I do about these?

Thanks

:)

RobertMcConnell3, Sep 16, 2020 at 6:12 PM

2. Cant send text messages

Why can't you reply to messages in your in box?

Try editing the options on your Goto list and add new text message to the list, that should save you 2 steps.(+-4seconds

on most phones the left navigation key is set as a shortcut to create a new text message by default so try this also

3. text messages

Hi HilaryCannon,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please answer the following:

• What model and which operating system is running on the phone?
    • Do you get an error message?
    • When was the last time that you received text message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Keep us updated!

Sincerely,

4. Text Messages

Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

1. Created New MMS APN (steps here: Setup Guide for AT&T APN Settings Windows Phone & MMS Settings )
      • still didn't work
    2. Deleted MMS APN
    3. Group messages started working!! No more "getting media content", it just shows up.
    Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Thema:

Text Messages

1. Text Messages - Similar Threads - Text Messages

2. Send a text message from desktop to iphone over wifi

in Windows 10 Support
    Send a text message from desktop to iphone over wifi: I would like to be able to message to my iPhone over home wifi, even if internet is off. Please advise. I can do this now by sending a text using email protocol, but it's too slow. I want something that is instantaneous. Thanks. 163222
  3. Microsoft Windows App "Your Phone" - Disable Text Message Preview on Banner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows App "Your Phone" - Disable Text Message Preview on Banner: Hi, I recently downloaded the "Your Phone" app to my computer and have been able to receive all notifications and messages without a problem. However, is there a way to hide/disable the entiretext message preview from the notification banner that shows up on the computer?...
  4. Large Outlook 2016 Message Header Text After Last Update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Large Outlook 2016 Message Header Text After Last Update: After the last Office and Windows update, the Outlook 2016 message headers have turned in to very large text on all accounts. Has anyone else noticed this? 156384
  5. Can't Send a text message through Win 10In the message application

Can't Send a text message through Win 10In the message application: Messaging tape is disabled for me? In the message application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-send-a-text-message-through-win-10in-the/85e8bf5d-5753-40f2-82cc-6a8827b95bd5
  6. phone app on pc cant send or delete text messages windows 10 synced to Huawei se mate,...

phone app on pc cant send or delete text messages windows 10 synced to Huawei se mate,...: phone app on pc cant send or delete text messages windows 10 synced to Huawei SE mate, Android 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app-on-pc-cant-send-or-delete-text-messages/6dbe758b-2585-46ac-b5fd-d8cd16b57e5f
  7. Backup iPhone text message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup iPhone text message: Hi all, this scumbag Coronavirus took my brother from me on Wednesday night. I guess I was lucky in that I was able to converse via text message during the previous days and as I'm sure you can imagine, I would be crushed if I lost these messages. Is there anything available...
  8. Bad DNS key --message text in message file for Application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bad DNS key --message text in message file for Application: After trying to save a lost cluster on a damaged hard drive, I get the following error on my good hard drive c: whenever I execute a DIR command in the CMD window: "The system cannot find message text for message number 0x235f in the message file for Application." The...
  9. Window error:The system cannot find message text for message number 0x2350 in the message...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window error:The system cannot find message text for message number 0x2350 in the message...: I am using window 10, whenever I start my laptop it shows 6 messages as [ATTACH] please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-errorthe-system-cannot-find-message-text/2556e467-9f0a-4a8f-a58e-a7485e00ebcb
  10. No text message notifications in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No text message notifications in Your Phone app: I set up the Your Phone app with my Galaxy S9 and it mostly works, I can see photos, make calls, I've enabled notification access in the phone's permission settings, and I can send and receive texts and system-related notifications. The battery optimization exception setting...