Windows 10: Text Missing/ displaying incorrectly all of a sudden

Discus and support Text Missing/ displaying incorrectly all of a sudden in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an issue on my laptop with text displaying incorrectly. It has happened all of a sudden and across multiple browsers and other software. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by disyogi, Mar 13, 2019.

1. disyogi Win User

Text Missing/ displaying incorrectly all of a sudden

I have an issue on my laptop with text displaying incorrectly. It has happened all of a sudden and across multiple browsers and other software. The text looks as though pieces of individual letters are missing, occasionally they snap back into focus if I hover my mouse over them. They also have a flashing feature that reminds me of how a cursor blinks on and off. Not sure what to do.

:)

disyogi, Mar 13, 2019

2. Upscaling incorrectly when closing the lid & connecting an external display on UHD laptops

Hello Ves,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with when you connect an external display and close the lid of the laptop, Windows upscale the desktop incorrectly and icons are zoomed ¾ times covering
    the whole display area on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

You may also refer to the following website below to download the drivers for the Graphics card.

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Text not Displaying properly in application

Hi,

It seems that you're having problems regarding your text display on your Windows 10 computer. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the problem?
    • Have you tried updating your display driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Text Missing/ displaying incorrectly all of a sudden - Similar Threads - Text Missing displaying

2. All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing: A Windows 10 laptop suddenly can't print. There are three printers that the PC can see and it is configured to print to. All three at the same time now show "driver unavailable" and I've lost control of, and connectivity to, those printers.Windows updates is current. There...
  3. All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing: A Windows 10 laptop suddenly can't print. There are three printers that the PC can see and it is configured to print to. All three at the same time now show "driver unavailable" and I've lost control of, and connectivity to, those printers.Windows updates is current. There...
  4. All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. display size all of a sudden is wrong.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display size all of a sudden is wrong.: the display size that my monitor is meant for is 1900x 1024 (i think) but windows makes it 1280x 1024 and it wont list 1900x 1024 as an option. I have done a clean reinstall for my gpu's and reinstalled windows 10. my gpu is nvidia quadro p1000 and intel(r) UHD 630 my os...
  6. Text missing all over!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text missing all over!: [ATTACH] So I have text missing from file names, from buttons and options inside Notepad and even from Task Manager. I can barley navigate the system, the files themselves are not courted and everything else works fine seemingly, chrome and other non-Windows programs are...
  7. Missing text on display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing text on display: For some time now, I've been having a problem which affects certain web pages and emails when displayed on my desktop monitor. A large part of the text is missing, and just appears as blank white space. See examples here:...
  8. The time displayed is suddenly incorrect?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The time displayed is suddenly incorrect?: Hi, Last night I noticed that the time displayed in the system tray was out of sync by about 20 minutes. I checked time and date settings, confirmed my timezone settings were correct, and resolved the issue by pressing "Sync now". The same thing happened again this morning...
  9. All text is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    All text is missing from windows 10: Hi All, I'm testing WINDOWS 10 PRO within the domain. After completing the join I encountered the same problem. At the first restart some characters disappear, while at the second restart they are no longer displayed at any point (contextual menu, explore resources, etc...
  10. DVD Drive all of a sudden missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Drive all of a sudden missing: So according to my bios the dvd drive is there but as soon as Windows 10 boot its not listen anywhere. Anyone else had this issue? 4692