Windows 10: Text not Appearing in System Dialogs and Apps

Discus and support Text not Appearing in System Dialogs and Apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A while ago intermittently the text in File Explorer would not appear beside the icons. A reboot seemed to cure the problem at first but this no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by captaindon130, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Text not Appearing in System Dialogs and Apps

A while ago intermittently the text in File Explorer would not appear beside the icons. A reboot seemed to cure the problem at first but this no longer works. This makes a lot of the O/S unusable. I am running the insider builds and even going back to an older version did not solve the problem. When I open the command window it is completely blank so I cannot run apps like SFC.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

captaindon130, Nov 7, 2018

2. Mail app- dot appears in text box.

Hi, P. Sanders.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would request you to send a screen shot of the "Dot" that appears on your mail app.

As of now, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist.

Step 1: Run App Troubleshooter.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooter”
    • Click on troubleshooter, on the left view pane, locate “View All”.
    • Then locate and click on “Windows Store Apps”.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 7, 2018
  4. csatennis Win User

Text not Appearing in System Dialogs and Apps

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Text not Appearing in System Dialogs and Apps

1. Text not Appearing in System Dialogs and Apps - Similar Threads - Text Appearing System

2. windows 11 enlarge dialog box text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 enlarge dialog box text: This is a question in windows 11.As you can see in the sample dialog box attach to this message, the text in the dialog box are very small and make it hard to read.Other text that is not relate to windows dialog box, like windows icon caption in the desktop are in normal...
  3. windows 11 enlarge dialog box text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 enlarge dialog box text: This is a question in windows 11.As you can see in the sample dialog box attach to this message, the text in the dialog box are very small and make it hard to read.Other text that is not relate to windows dialog box, like windows icon caption in the desktop are in normal...
  4. a dialog box suddenly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a dialog box suddenly appeared: a dialog box for file copying progress suddenly appeared while i play game at full screen, it instantly minimized my game and i'm afraid it could be a malware activity or some sort of it, i seen a file named "package 9" being copied its 2,3GB in size but i didn't seen of...
  5. Some apps have text appear too small (unreadable) and some apps have text appear too big

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some apps have text appear too small (unreadable) and some apps have text appear too big: Hello, I'm having a problem with some apps where they appear with text with varying sizes, making work very hard or impossible. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have messed with a lot of things on the display options, as well as compatibility issues but I can't solve this question,...
  6. Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown.: This problem has plagued my computer for quite a while now and I tested this with a few apps. I opened up Microsoft Word on my computer and then I selected "Shut down" from the Start Menu. When it displayed "shutting down," the dialog box saying "Closing apps and shutting...
  7. Text not Appearing in System Dialogss and Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Text not Appearing in System Dialogss and Apps: A while ago intermittently the text in File Explorer would not appear beside the icons. A reboot seemed to cure the problem at first but this no longer works. This makes a lot of the O/S unusable. I am running the insider builds and even going back to an older version did not...
  8. OneDrive dialog appears occasionally

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive dialog appears occasionally: Sometimes but not always when I boot Windows 10 the following appears. How can I make this stop appearing? [img] 119435
  9. Blurry text appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry text appearance: I have upgraded to windows 10 pro and using AMD graphics on my laptop, even after adjusting clear text, the texts still appear with shadows pls help to fix this issue 25229
  10. Text Appearing irregular/nonuniform in some apps and websites

in Windows 10 Support
    Text Appearing irregular/nonuniform in some apps and websites: Hi, I have recently built a new PC and I have had this issue with the text. In some websites and programs it appears blocky and irregular. See screen dump below. [img] Fixes I have tried: -For an individual program going to its Properties>Compatibility>checking...