Windows 10: Text often unreadable because text and background are similar color or poor contrast...

Discus and support Text often unreadable because text and background are similar color or poor contrast... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having this error currently, as I cant read what I'm typing now in Edge. How do I fix this? I'm assuming something is corrupt in my system files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AKAndrew, Feb 20, 2019.

1. AKAndrew Win User

Text often unreadable because text and background are similar color or poor contrast...

I'm having this error currently, as I cant read what I'm typing now in Edge. How do I fix this? I'm assuming something is corrupt in my system files. I don't think it's the settings. I'm using dark mode for the system.

Some screenshots. Here is what I'm seeing now: Can't see what I'm typing unless I highlight it with the cursor:

Text often unreadable because text and background are similar color or poor contrast... 5d60a670-8fa2-491c-8e06-a3329296b0b9?upload=true.png

Here, I can't read the items in the pulldown in Edge. It also chose an unreadable yellow text on white for the craigslist website. That 12000 that I put in the craigslist sidebar for price max was black on black/unreadable until I hit enter:

Text often unreadable because text and background are similar color or poor contrast... 789697e2-46f1-471e-b616-ecd471baf0d3?upload=true.png

Here, right clicking on an item in file explorer gives me white text on light gray background:

Text often unreadable because text and background are similar color or poor contrast... fe6266ad-0afc-4c5f-9156-e7628bf66728?upload=true.png

How can I fix this? Weird. I can read this line in black text, white background, but not any of the the text that I typed above. Also, these errors are intermittent. Sometimes the Edge pulldown is readable, the font colors on craigslist and other websites are readable, the File Explorer right click is readable, etc.

I'm using a Surface Pro 3 on Windows 10 Pro. This line is invisible as I type it.

:)

AKAndrew, Feb 20, 2019

2. Explorer title bar text color too bright grey

To change the title bar colors in Windows 10, you can use the built-in colors by changing the High Contrast Settings without editing the registry.

Here are the steps:

• Click Start, and then click Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, and then click High contrast.
    • Choose a theme. You can also change the colors for the Text, Hyperlinks, Disabled Text, Selected Text, Button Text and Background on this option.
    • Click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Feb 20, 2019
  3. ChrisCh1 Win User
    text and background both black

The colors for menus and certain text boxes in my windows 10 are not exactly inverted but the text and background of certain applications (including file folders in explorer) are black and completely unreadable. There's no high contrast on, this just happens
    seemingly randomly on one profile only. This also happened on my Dad's computer.

ChrisCh1, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Text often unreadable because text and background are similar color or poor contrast...

text color.

Hi George,

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide the suitable solution to your concern, we need additional information:

• Are you referring on the computer's default text color?
    • Is it the text color on the browser or website?
    • When did this issue occur?
    • Have you tried setting the High contrast?

We'll look forward on your response.

Anne Ros, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Text often unreadable because text and background are similar color or poor contrast... - Similar Threads - Text often unreadable

2. Bug with background and text color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with background and text color: I'm using windows 11, Acer swift 3, and I've noticed a problem with my laptop on a few applicationsThis is what it looks like, the text and the background colours are the same so I can't see the option, if i hover my cursor over it, it does show but it's not very convenient...
  3. Bug with background and text color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with background and text color: I'm using windows 11, Acer swift 3, and I've noticed a problem with my laptop on a few applicationsThis is what it looks like, the text and the background colours are the same so I can't see the option, if i hover my cursor over it, it does show but it's not very convenient...
  4. RDP: low contrast / unreadable texts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP: low contrast / unreadable texts: [ATTACH] Using RDP sessions there are sometimes nearly unreadable (low contrast) parts. Transparency and RemoteFX have already been deactivated but with no effect....
  5. Background color of selected text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background color of selected text: In Windows and many applications, the contrast between the background color and the color of selected text and other items e.g. emails in Outlook is very poor. I am not ready to go to the full high-contrast mode not old enough yet!. How would I change the background color...
  6. Text in background

Text in background: I can see text in my background from a word file that i used earlier but i closed. How can i close it. it show on all apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-in-background/d12befdb-2b18-473f-bf56-6ac060585a7a
  7. Windows Text Background Color

Windows Text Background Color: Hey, since a while. Some of the Windows System Apps and Messages have a ligth green background. How can i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-text-background-color/33ad6d8f-6796-4829-b604-910184a5bf06
  8. Unreadable font ... White on White Background and Text

Unreadable font ... White on White Background and Text: Good Evening! I just updated to Windows 10 Version 1903. Everything works great and no problems, except for this. I have had dark mode enabled for a while now and love it. However, after the update, the save file dialogue box that pops up when I need to save something...
  9. Text and background color change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Text and background color change: Following the last automatic update to Windowws the background color and text color chnges on Excel and message boxesl ike this one. How to I change it back so I can see what is being entered?...
  10. text color

text color: How do I change the text color on the background in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/text-color/156fec23-d2e6-4861-8d2e-29c99f045780

Users found this page by searching for:

1. since resetting windows 10 everything has an unreadable white background