Windows 10: Text on windows title bar doesn't show

Discus and support Text on windows title bar doesn't show in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First, sorry for my English, it's not my first language. After tweaking to change theme for Windows 10 (including patching using UxStyle), I've just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paijoh, Jun 29, 2016.

1. paijoh Win User

Text on windows title bar doesn't show

First, sorry for my English, it's not my first language.

After tweaking to change theme for Windows 10 (including patching using UxStyle), I've just realize I can't see text on window title bar. It usually displays file path such as, C:\Windows\system32\somefile.txt which is important to me, unfortunately, I can't retrace where I went wrong. Would you help me how I can restore those text back? Thanks a lot.

on IrfanView:

Text on windows title bar doesn't show [​IMG]

on SublimeText:

:)

paijoh, Jun 29, 2016

2. Does anyone's Firefox work here for posting?

"Once Firefox was killed, all the title bar text went back to its normal size."

I spoke too soon - a couple of open windows fixed themselves, but a couple of different minimized apps did not, and newly opened apps all showed microscopic title bar text. I had to restart to fix the scaling. Thankfully that seems to have returned everything
    to normal.

BTW, if I don't paste anything here, Firefox doesn't crash. But the Format dropdown never works...

LorenAmelang, Jun 29, 2016
  3. personalisation of colours windows 10 - colour doesn't show true because overlaid on black

Windows 10 - not sure what version but upgraded from windows 8.1 on 19th July 2016 and everything is up to date.

Microsoft surface pro 3

When I personalise colours by choosing an accent colour and ask for the colour to show on start, taskbar, action centre and title bar the colour I want does not show true but is very muted. This seems to be because it is overlaid on an underlying 'dark'
    theme where windows shows white text on black background. If I don't show the colour on start, taskbar etc these elements stay black with white text. Making the start, task bar etc transparent doesn't solve the problem.

Please does anyone know how to remove the dark theme (if that's what it is) so that personalised colours show correctly (as they did in windows 8.1)?

microsoftdisplayname, Jun 29, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Have you modded the theme you are using?

Ztruker, Jun 30, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Open "Old/New Explorer", which usually comes with Patch Kits, and uncheck "Hide Title Text"

Edwin, Jun 30, 2016
  6. paijoh Win User
    Yes, I have, but I forgot which one, because I kind of try some of them.

Thanks for your tip, I have use Old/New Explorer, but still the Title Text doesn't show up.

paijoh, Jun 30, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Load a normal theme. Does the problem go away?

Ztruker, Jul 1, 2016
  8. paijoh Win User

No, title bar doesn't change also, thus, the title bar text doesn't too.

I tried to create another user, and in that user, there is the title bar text. I think from that, I can assume that it happens only on my account.

paijoh, Jul 2, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Text on windows title bar doesn't show - Similar Threads - Text title bar

2. Text too large in Title bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text too large in Title bar: Name of Process and Software is appearing too large in Windows Title bar , mostly appear after waking PC from Sleep.Host OS - Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-too-large-in-title-bar/48d1ec36-4a9e-4427-b30b-44bb4ad2af37
  3. Very tiny text in title bar

Very tiny text in title bar: Hi, I have problem with font size in the title bar. Does someone know how to fix it? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-tiny-text-in-title-bar/9c9708c5-1ff5-4fa7-830d-80c073f3b6f1
  4. Title bar text not showing

Title bar text not showing: Hello, just a small problem but i didn't find a way to fix it: I don't have any "text" in my title bar anymore and i don't know what i've made to get this problem. It as been like this since at least 2 week. If i could get some help it would be nice. : [ATTACH]...
  5. show color on title bar

show color on title bar: In build 14905 and the latest, 14915, the title bars are black and you can't colorize them. 62261
  6. Title bar text gone

Title bar text gone: I recently messed around with theming Windows using uxtheme, but ultimately I was unhappy with the results so I reverted everything back. Since then, however, I have no text in the title bar of any programs. The title bar is bright white on every app, and I tried out a dark...
  7. No text in IE 11 Windows Title Bar

in Browsers and Email
    No text in IE 11 Windows Title Bar: No text in IE 11 Window Title Bar. Clue: I find that if I hoover over e icon on the Taskbar the Title Bar Text shows up in the small preview of the IE Window. Don Cole 74978
  8. Title Bar Text & Icon

Title Bar Text & Icon: Is there some way I can hide or remove the title bar text and icon? I am running windows 10 (10586). I have included a screenshot of the offending item.. 52185
  9. Black title bars and white text

Black title bars and white text: Windows 10 has been out long enough...has anyone figured a way to have black (or dark) title bars with white text without using uxtheme patcher? 18881
  10. Title Bar Text Gets Highlighted

in Windows 10 Support
    Title Bar Text Gets Highlighted: I don't know how or why this annoying problem started but every title bar of Apps which I am using gets highlighted, like this: [img] I don't remember to have put any customization on top of vanilla Windows 10. The problem is better described by this: [img] As...