Windows 10: Text only on some websites

Discus and support Text only on some websites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When using Chrome I am getting a few websites (not all) that only display text aligned to the left. If I visit the same website in Edge, it displays... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sydh, Mar 5, 2020.

1. sydh Win User

Text only on some websites

When using Chrome I am getting a few websites (not all) that only display text aligned to the left. If I visit the same website in Edge, it displays correctly with all it's graphics. Is this a Chrome problem and if so, how do I fix it?

I must admit though that Edge is looking quite good now. Trying to decide whether to change.

:)

sydh, Mar 5, 2020
  2. ct5098 Win User

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

ct5098, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other

'Fraid not, I'm working at the edge of my experience here Text only on some websites :)

Some explanations: a style sheet 'paints' the web page, create the tabs, dropdown menus and so on, without one all websites are just plain text, lists of links and images. Something about the way this PC is set up is preventing you downloading the stylesheet for that site. The Network Troubleshooter may be able to fix that. Failing that we'd need the advice of a 'web guru' like our @z3r010

Bree, Mar 5, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Text only on some websites - Similar Threads - Text websites

2. When i used to open some websites in my hp laptop then some system ui text is not able to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i used to open some websites in my hp laptop then some system ui text is not able to...: Please suggest solution to this problem as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-used-to-open-some-websites-in-my-hp-laptop/a62cc936-b7a4-4b80-b858-2546d7e17f00
  3. When i used to open some websites in my hp laptop then some system ui text is not able to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i used to open some websites in my hp laptop then some system ui text is not able to...: Please suggest solution to this problem as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-used-to-open-some-websites-in-my-hp-laptop/a62cc936-b7a4-4b80-b858-2546d7e17f00
  4. Windows 11: Increase font size on toolbars, messages without scaling text on websites?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Increase font size on toolbars, messages without scaling text on websites?: I'm a website developer and need to find a way to increase font size on toolbars, messages without scaling text on websites. It's too small on average size monitors for me and I generally use a very large monitor, which makes the tiny text especially hard to read.Both 1...
  5. Windows 11: Increase font size on toolbars, messages without scaling text on websites?

Windows 11: Increase font size on toolbars, messages without scaling text on websites?: I'm a website developer and need to find a way to increase font size on toolbars, messages without scaling text on websites. It's too small on average size monitors for me and I generally use a very large monitor, which makes the tiny text especially hard to read.Both 1...
  6. Texts on website are not correct. HELP!

Texts on website are not correct. HELP!: I was using my CTRL and SHIFT and pressing some buttons on my keyboard for something and my text has been messed up ever since. I tried to replicate the scenario and I have failed to do so. I have snipped a picture from my browser to this thread hopefully someone else has...
  7. Texts on website are not correct. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Texts on website are not correct. HELP!: I was using my CTRL and SHIFT and pressing some buttons on my keyboard for something and my text has been messed up ever since. I tried to replicate the scenario and I have failed to do so. I have snipped a picture from my browser to this thread hopefully someone else has...
  8. Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.: Hi there, I'm having the same issue as I have found in a few other articles about text being too thin and difficult to read on many of the websites that I use on a daily basis....
  9. Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.

Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.: Hi there, I'm having the same issue as I have found in a few other articles about text being too thin and difficult to read on many of the websites that I use on a daily basis....
  10. Text difficult to read on some websites with white background.

in Windows 10 Customization