Windows 10: Text preview not working + losing folders on shutdown.

Discus and support Text preview not working + losing folders on shutdown. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, again with this 4 months freshly installed windows 10. I have 2 problem: 1- Text preview isn't working anymore, like on MS Paint when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by black, Mar 24, 2017.

1. black Win User

Text preview not working + losing folders on shutdown.

Hi guys, again with this 4 months freshly installed windows 10.

I have 2 problem:
    1- Text preview isn't working anymore, like on MS Paint when you highlight a text and chose font from the drag drop menu, it will preview "change the highlighted text to the current mouse hovering one"
    Like in the video here : How to Use Paint for Windows 10 2016 - YouTube

This is really annoying as I'm Manga artist and have to change text frequently, my only option is to click and try fonts, one by one till I find the font I need.
    I tried removing all fonts but those undeletable ones, still not working.
    Not sure when this started as I was drawing leaving the text as last step, and was over a month since I used it.

2- The 2nd issue, losing folder, 2 days ago I installed 3 games, played each for about 30min (trying them out) just now I boot my PC cold start, one of the games folder doesn't exist, only shortcut on desktop and save folder. Windows message "Scan drive for error" on action center, I did and get "found.000" folder with lost folder inside it, but inaccessible, when I copy the folder I can access it and restore my lost files.
    This happened 3 times for 2 months now on 3 different HDDs are meant for gaming with data from 15~90 GB

Sfc /scannow found no errors
    Chckdsk no errors either.
    No virus/malware all clean, no new software beside maybe 2 or 3 games a month.

This windows feels so in beta. Had windows 8.0 for 2 years never had such issues. All my software are the same that were on windows 8.
    Also writing on this took me over 45min, this page isn't responsive and can't copy/paste or type properly. it wasn't like that before but Windows is falling apart by itself.
    If it isn't were for my hardware I'd happily roll back to 8.0 *Sad

Any idea?
    Thank in advance.

:)

black, Mar 24, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

Text message preview area needs multiple tap

If the phone is not performing as expected do a soft reset. A soft reset does not lose data. it is like pulling the battery.

Hold the volume down button and the power button down until the phone vibrates, release. This takes about 10 seconds. The phone will shutdown and restart.

garym123, Mar 24, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    maps not working

Try a Soft reset

A soft reset does not lose data. it is like pulling the battery.

Hold the volume down button and the power button down
    until the phone vibrates, release.

This takes about 10 seconds. The phone will shutdown and restart.

garym123, Mar 24, 2017
Thema:

Text preview not working + losing folders on shutdown.

1. Text preview not working + losing folders on shutdown. - Similar Threads - Text preview working

2. Build text on Desktop preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build text on Desktop preview: Hi there I am Aldrin and one of the newest member of insider program I would like to ask regarding to the build text that is displayed on desktop when theirs's an update do mind if you rather take that one out....
  3. Build text on Desktop preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Build text on Desktop preview: Hi there I am Aldrin and one of the newest member of insider program I would like to ask regarding to the build text that is displayed on desktop when theirs's an update do mind if you rather take that one out....
  4. Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text: My computer randomly replaces the taskbar preview with text. An example is shown:I have no idea why that is. It will show the taskbar preview normally, then after a while, it goes to text. This is really annoying, and I couldn't find a solution. Thank you.P.S. I will try...
  5. Folder Contents Preview Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder Contents Preview Not Working: I have many folders and used to be able to scroll down and see the contents of each folder without having to open the folder. After an update a few months ago that's gone. I've tried all the registry hacks, file explorer options, advanced system settings, etc. Am in the...
  6. Folder Contents Preview Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Contents Preview Not Working: I have many folders and used to be able to scroll down and see the contents of each folder without having to open the folder. After an update a few months ago that's gone. I've tried all the registry hacks, file explorer options, advanced system settings, etc. Am in the...
  7. Slide to Shutdown + Text deletion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slide to Shutdown + Text deletion: Greetings, my first time here.. I want to straight to the point, it's been three days ago my laptop encounter some problem. 1. The Slide-To-Shutdown feature always show up whenever I'm pressing windows button. I don't even have touch that feature until today, it's...
  8. Folder previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder previews: Windows did a big update. There is no preview pane when I click a picture in a folder, How do I get that back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-previews/3f906460-a799-4d8e-b5ab-d469b53f523a"
  9. Image folder preview stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Image folder preview stopped working: Since I have updated to Fall Creators Update, folder image preview no longer works I just get an image placeholder (see screen shot). Any way to fix? [img] Tried deleting the thumbnails database from command prompt but did not make any difference. In some folders pic...
  10. Preview Pane text based file

in Windows 10 Support
    Preview Pane text based file: I use a program for work, and it saves files with an extension .blt Those files can also be opened fine in notepad, and are 100% text based. In every PC since windows 7 I have always managed to use PreviewConfig.exe to set the extension viewable in the preview pane. I...