Windows 10: Text quality keeps changing from good to poor and missing parts of letters while online

Discus and support Text quality keeps changing from good to poor and missing parts of letters while online in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While reading e-mail, text changes between complete letters and clear type to missing parts of letters that makes it impossible to read. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Christina&Charlotte, May 15, 2019.

1. Text quality keeps changing from good to poor and missing parts of letters while online

While reading e-mail, text changes between complete letters and clear type to missing parts of letters that makes it impossible to read. I tried adjusting ClearType, but that didn't correct problem.

:)

Christina&Charlotte, May 15, 2019

2. Poor quality text when using HDR

Hi Don,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

1. What is the make and model of the TV and the computer?
    2. Are you facing the same issue even on computer or is it only with the TV monitor?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to turn off ClearType for the HDMI output connected to TV keeping your regular computer display. To do so,

1. Click on Start, type in ClearType and click on
      Adjust ClearType text option.
    2. The ClearType Text Tuner app will be opened on the screen.
    3. Uncheck > Turn on ClearType and click on
      Next.
    4. You’ll be able to see the options such as Yes, I want to tune all monitors now and
      No, only tune the monitors that I select.
    5. Select No, only tune the monitors that I select and click on the preferred monitor (TV) and follow the onscreen prompts.
    6. On the next page, select a text sample that looks most readable to you and click on the Next button.
    7. Repeat the same step on subsequent pages. You will see 5 screens with text samples in a row.
    8. Click on the Finish button to accept the changes you made.

Meanwhile, regarding the issue with the distorted colors and text quality I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

Steps to change the display settings to match the resolution of the display:

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard, click on
      System.
    2. Click on Display.
    3. You will see an option to Select and rearrange displays, click on the display associated with the TV.
    4. Scroll down to select the ‘Recommended’ option under
      Scale and layout to Change the size of text, apps, and other items, and
      Resolution.

For more information I would also suggest you to refer the article:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 15, 2019
  3. pini177 Win User
    poor image quality in onenote mobile

When using onenote on windows phone the quality of the image is poor. I print a page to onenote on the desktop and it goes into onenote ok and is of good quality. When I view it in wabapp it is also good. But when I view it on windows phone the full
    page is shown so I zoom in and its poor and sometime can't even make out the text. Is there a setting for the quality on windows phone?

pini177, May 15, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Text quality keeps changing from good to poor and missing parts of letters while online

Updated to 9860 , now missing letters in text

Just changed to 9860and noticed missing letters in plain text, the app names, settings i.e. Mouse button lef rather than left. shows on IE some missing letters while others quite readable. Previous build did not have this problem.

meebers, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Text quality keeps changing from good to poor and missing parts of letters while online

1. Text quality keeps changing from good to poor and missing parts of letters while online - Similar Threads - Text quality keeps

2. Mic quality poor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic quality poor: I got a new headset a couple of days ago, the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro. I was surprised that my friends on discord told me that I sounded like I was underwater. I tried messing with synapse, windows, and discord settings, I tried changing the frequency but it was already set...
  3. White highlight around my text, poor quality text

White highlight around my text, poor quality text: I've read and tried everything on the forum that I've seen on this subject. It's not fixing it. How can I get rid of the poor text quality and back shadow. it's really bad then text is highlighted. Thanks! I have a file with screen shots that I can upload....
  4. Poor microphone quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor microphone quality: My laptop automatically performed a system update on June 4, 2020. Ever since, my microphone quality, as reported by others, is very poor. This issue occurs for both the integrated microphone in my laptop as well as for the microphone in an external headset. I am using...
  5. poor quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    poor quality: the other day I recorded videos and the quality was great. then I went to yesterday and suddenly the quality is terrible on my laptop but when I export the video it is good quality. I am having this issue both in the camera app and also the zoom app. when I called dell the...
  6. Poor sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor sound quality: I use Win 10's gaming option to just record videos only which works well however the sound is terrible crackling and distorted. I've the latest download for Conexant sound but there's still no improvement so any ideas how to solve this would be much appreciated. Thanks....
  7. Poor quality text when using HDR

Poor quality text when using HDR: I would like to turn off cleartype for the HDMI output connected to my TV, but leave it on for my regular computer display, how do I do this? When using HDR for the TV, the text is smeared with distorted colors and looks generally bad....
  8. Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones: Hello, so here is my problem: I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I have a set of Bose AE2 Soundlink wireless Bluetooth headphones. The audio works perfectly fine at first, but if I let it sit idle for, let's say, longer than a minute, the audio will be choppy; by this, I...
  9. Images And Text Are Of Very Poor Quality But The games Come In Full HD

Images And Text Are Of Very Poor Quality But The games Come In Full HD: I Have Connected My 1050Ti 4GB Graphic Card To My LED Tv Of 32 Inch Using DVI (24+1) To HDMI Cable. I Even Tried HDMI To HDMI Cable, But The Desktop, Images, Video, Texts Come In Very Poor Quality, But When I Run Games They Are In Full HD And High Quality Graphics. Why The...
  10. Bluetooth quality poor

Bluetooth quality poor: Hiya...have windows 10 and my bluetooth quality is very broken. I see the driver is old, see attachment. I have tried updating driver through device manager but tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a way I can update this? TIA 72578

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quality of letters are poor in windows 10