Windows 10: Text rendering badly

Discus and support Text rendering badly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My text is rendering badly on my 1080p display, black text looks to be a mix of black, red, and blue, and pixelated which is highly unpleasant to look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesCapallo, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Text rendering badly

My text is rendering badly on my 1080p display, black text looks to be a mix of black, red, and blue, and pixelated which is highly unpleasant to look at. I've gone through multiple steps to try and remove this including configuring clear type, disabling font smoothing in the performance settings, and setting my gpu to output full RGB. I also have a 4k monitor I just got in the mail the other day and this issue does not occur on it. Another thing to point out is the text doesn't look as bad on the Desktop as it does in web browsers, still looks pretty bad pixelated wise but not really any weird colors going on.

:)

JamesCapallo, Aug 25, 2020
  2. geoffers Win User

More Blurry text problems, but only text rendering in MS browsers

Further update on this;
    • The blurry text rendering in Edge/IE11 is only a problem when browsing on my Laptop which is v1511(Build 10586.11)
    • Using my Desktop, the rendering is fine - the Desktop is still v10.0(Build 10240)
    So this could therefore be down to a number of things
    1. There is a difference between builds 10240 and 10586.11
    2. There is a difference between the display drivers on the 2 machines
    3. There is some other HTML rendering issue on the laptop

The Desktop Graphics are Intel(R) HD 26/11/2012 Version 8.15.10.2900: The Laptop Graphics are exactly the same, so that presumably cancels out option 2

geoffers, Aug 25, 2020
  3. text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Aug 25, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Text rendering badly

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Text rendering badly

1. Text rendering badly - Similar Threads - Text rendering badly

2. Poor Text Rendering on System Pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Text Rendering on System Pages: I just switched from a 2160p monitor to a 1440p. I know text won't look as good, but its acceptable everywhere except on any systems page - all the settings pages, right click context menu pages, etc. See below. Above the red line is what it looks like - some letters are...
  3. Poor Text Rendering on System Pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Text Rendering on System Pages: I just switched from a 2160p monitor to a 1440p. I know text won't look as good, but its acceptable everywhere except on any systems page - all the settings pages, right click context menu pages, etc. See below. Above the red line is what it looks like - some letters are...
  4. MacType to enhance text rendering

in Windows 10 Customization
    MacType to enhance text rendering: Hello. Sorry for annoying you, but I have some questions to have MacType:1. Does it affect the ClearType and system's functionality?2. Does it tweak DLLs about text rendering?I need your answer because I'm almost installing and I'm stuck due to the questions mentioned...
  5. Specific font rendered badly and unreadable on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific font rendered badly and unreadable on Windows 11: I have an issue with Windows 11, where suddently a specific font is rendered very badly. It is not a Chrome issue, because I've seen same rendering on another program with same font which I don't know the name of.The issue only occurs with one specific font, because all other...
  6. Specific font rendered badly and unreadable on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Specific font rendered badly and unreadable on Windows 11: I have an issue with Windows 11, where suddently a specific font is rendered very badly. It is not a Chrome issue, because I've seen same rendering on another program with same font which I don't know the name of.The issue only occurs with one specific font, because all other...
  7. Edgium text rendering bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edgium text rendering bug?: [ATTACH] I'm on Edge Canary version 81.0.410.0. As you can see with the selected text, text occasionally renders strangely. I don't believe this is a problem with my graphics driver since this doesn't appear to happen on other browsers or programs. Selecting the text...
  8. UI's text rendering on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    UI's text rendering on Windows 10: Hi All, The following is a screenshot of the pop up menu when you right click on the desktop. In particular is the top part of it. I took it using the Windows 10's magnifier utility. [img] As you can see the text doesn't seem to be rendered correctly. That applies...
  9. More Blurry text problems, but only text rendering in MS browsers

in Windows 10 Support
    More Blurry text problems, but only text rendering in MS browsers: Been perusing the "blurry text" threads, but my issue seems only to be present in the text rendering in MS-Edge/IE11, so I was wondering whether there's some setting to improve the HTML rendering in the MS browsers??? Text in everything else is crystal clear, but anything...
  10. Edge blurry text rendering

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge blurry text rendering: What's with some of the blurriness with text on some sites. For example, the main navigation of apple.com is all fuzzy. Doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox. [img] 11668