Windows 10: Text scale slider is absent

Discus and support Text scale slider is absent in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed the new October Update for Windows but the font scale slider is absent. I have the Pro version of Windows 10 version 1809.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Water Why, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Water Why Win User

Text scale slider is absent

I have installed the new October Update for Windows but the font scale slider is absent. I have the Pro version of Windows 10 version 1809.

:)

Water Why, Jan 11, 2019

2. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

New AOC U2879VF monitor, opening file explorer results in huge icons

Hi Alex,

Since your display has a high resolution, Windows 10 will automatically set the scaling value to an appropriate percentage that's why the icons appear larger. Also, Microsoft recommends keeping your display resolution to the "recommended" value. If you prefer
    your text, apps, and other items to be even bigger or smaller, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Display and you can manually adjust it by clicking or dragging the slider.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps above.

Clark Ari, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Text scale slider is absent - Similar Threads - Text scale slider

2. Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!: Hi,I have recently bought a Surface Laptop 5 Windows 11, home edition, and I am working with it for 6-8 hours/day. However, it has a persistent problem with tuning font size:1 – I tuned the “text size” to 150% and the “custom scaling” to 175%, but the text size inside...
  3. Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!: Hi,I have recently bought a Surface Laptop 5 Windows 11, home edition, and I am working with it for 6-8 hours/day. However, it has a persistent problem with tuning font size:1 – I tuned the “text size” to 150% and the “custom scaling” to 175%, but the text size inside...
  4. Text scaling seems to break destop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text scaling seems to break destop icons: I was changing the font size in the accessibility options when I noticed the icons on my desktop were more spaced apart than usual, so I changed it a couple of times to check and it seems like the space grows wider every time I change it, regardless of weather I'm increasing...
  5. Shortcut for changing text and apps scale

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut for changing text and apps scale: Hello, I am trying to use my PC in living room from afar and it works great when used with 200% scale on text, icons and apps, but switching between 100% when using at desk and 200% when from couch is a bit cumbersome to go through display settings every time. Is there a way...
  6. Text scaling / Blurry font

Text scaling / Blurry font: Hey guys, I assembled a new machine and in the fresh W10 install I'm having some blurry font issues, it's weird because I had the same settings (125%) in the previous install and it didn't happen. It only seems to happen in some dialogs, always on software installers...
  7. Text size slider disappeared in display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text size slider disappeared in display settings: I have windows 10 with the latest updates. I have been using 2 displays one on my 2019 dell inspiration laptop and another on a Samsung 27 in monitor connected with HDMI. I was using the Samsung monitor on a different computer while using the laptop. The laptop was not...
  8. Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?

Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?: Running 1903, and looking to adjust text size for a laptop's external monitor. The text size slider adjusts the text size only for the main display, no matter what screen is selected before adjustment. Is there any way to adjust text size (not scaling) for individual...
  9. Multimonitor scaled text blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Multimonitor scaled text blurry: Hi! I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 recently, and I got greeted with the probably oldest win10 problem: DPI scaled text is blurry. I did a clean install, version is 1909. My monitors are: 1: 1920x1080 , scaling: 150% 2: 2560x1440 , scaling: 125% 3: 1920x1200 , scaling:...
  10. Is it possible to change the scale of the volume slider in accordance with what source is...

Is it possible to change the scale of the volume slider in accordance with what source is...: I'm often listening on IEMs plugged into my Thinkpad through a Dragonfly Black D/A converter. The issue is that for the audio to be a reasonable volume, I have to have it on 2/100 in the Windows settings (4 is already too loud). Often I can then further adjust within programs...