Windows 10: Text scaling / Blurry font

Discus and support Text scaling / Blurry font in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I assembled a new machine and in the fresh W10 install I'm having some blurry font issues, it's weird because I had the same settings (125%)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LM391, Nov 21, 2020.

1. /u/LM391 Win User

Text scaling / Blurry font

Hey guys, I assembled a new machine and in the fresh W10 install I'm having some blurry font issues, it's weird because I had the same settings (125%) in the previous install and it didn't happen.

It only seems to happen in some dialogs, always on software installers

https://i.postimg.cc/7PMTqT3r/blurry.png

That option "Let windows fix apps so they are not blurry", enabled or disabled seems to make no difference.

Any idea?

submitted by /u/LM391
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LM391, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Hexodus Win User

Windows 10 Font blurry 125% scaling

This is a window10 scaling method problem. There is a step by step manual on Lifehacker using a tool that allows you to switch to win8.1 scaling method. This worked fine for me.

Lifehacker Hot To Fix Blurry Fonts

Hexodus, Nov 21, 2020
  3. VBJP Win User
    Blurry Fonts Solution

Blurry text can also be problem when using high resolution like 4k on relatively small monitors (high DPI), when scaling is necessary for text to be readable and not overly tiny. Windows 10 deals with scaling in some way most of inbuilt windows applications especially modern apps scales quite well, but there is quite some 3rd party apps (and even some older windows applications) that look terrible when windows scaling is used blurry fonts etc.

First OP needs to clarify what causes blurry text in his/her case.
    Like what resolution he uses on his monitor (is it native resolution), what scaling is used, is it blurry everywhere on just some applications, etc.

Link posted in OP post for some people solves windows 10 scaling problem, by enabling Windows 7/8 older style scaling.

4. xerces8 Win User

Multimonitor scaled text blurry

Hi!

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 recently, and I got greeted with the probably oldest win10 problem: DPI scaled text is blurry.

I did a clean install, version is 1909.

My monitors are:
    1: 1920x1080 , scaling: 150%
    2: 2560x1440 , scaling: 125%
    3: 1920x1200 , scaling: 100% (this one is marked as "main display")

On monitor 3 many apps are blurry, see screenshot:

Text scaling / Blurry font [​IMG]

As it can be seen, Explorer is all blurry, notepad is OK and Device Manage has normal window name, but the rest of it is blurry.

I did some googleing and found that the only way to make it non blurry is to have the same scaling on all monitors. Is that true? Or is there a way to make it good with different DPI on different monitor (because they actually have different DPI and with same scaling some would either show everything too tiny or too big).

xerces8, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Text scaling / Blurry font - Similar Threads - Text scaling Blurry

2. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  3. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  4. Screen too bright and blurry text font,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen too bright and blurry text font,: Hello guys,Recently i bought a new laptop, its working perfectly fine apart from that the text is really hard to read, its kind of blurry and think also its really bright so bright it hurts eyes, even when lowering the brightness of the screen it is still bright i dont know...
  5. Screen too bright and blurry text font,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen too bright and blurry text font,: Hello guys,Recently i bought a new laptop, its working perfectly fine apart from that the text is really hard to read, its kind of blurry and think also its really bright so bright it hurts eyes, even when lowering the brightness of the screen it is still bright i dont know...
  6. Distorted/blurry fonts/text on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted/blurry fonts/text on Windows 10: Hello, I recently bought a new Asus x509ja laptop, installed Windows 10, but I'm facing a very bad font/text rendering all around blurry, vertically distorted etc.. From my online research I've found out this is a common issue with Windows 10. I'm a translator so I'll be...
  7. Multimonitor scaled text blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Multimonitor scaled text blurry: Hi! I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 recently, and I got greeted with the probably oldest win10 problem: DPI scaled text is blurry. I did a clean install, version is 1909. My monitors are: 1: 1920x1080 , scaling: 150% 2: 2560x1440 , scaling: 125% 3: 1920x1200 , scaling:...
  8. Font size/Blurry text/Low quality

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size/Blurry text/Low quality: Hello, I recently got a Dell G3 laptop with a 15 inch full HD display. As it was by default, I am using the 125% scale. It was recommended I guess based on screen size. (100% is way too small) As I understand it there are issues with this scaling that is why in the advanced...
  9. Legacy applications font scaling is blurry in build 10586

in Windows 10 Support
    Legacy applications font scaling is blurry in build 10586: This question I'm sure has been addressed many times, yes? I just made a purchase of a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1. The system is a pearl accept for the font display in the legacy applications and OS widgets. The only solution seems to be to adjust the font scaling and set...
  10. Windows 10, different scaling level+ no blurry text?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, different scaling level+ no blurry text?: Hi, i'm (as many of you guys, as i can see on those forums) experiencing DPI-Awareness issues on my brand new laptop. I'm running windows 10 and thanks to those forums, i was able to partitialy fix it. All of those solutions, i could find here, worked for me (custom scaling...