Windows 10: Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active

Discus and support Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo laptop and just recently upgraded back to Windows 10 and now I can not select (highlight) text and let up on the touch pad and have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xowhiplock, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active

I have a Lenovo laptop and just recently upgraded back to Windows 10 and now I can not select (highlight) text and let up on the touch pad and have the text remain selected. It goes right back to being unselected. I try again, and same thing happens. Eventually it will stay selected. It's driving me nuts. I can't seem to find a setting to address this issue that works. There is also an issue with the color profile from my Spyder LCD calibration tool not staying active and having to start the program for the Datacolor Spyder and quitting it after it starts to get the profile to load, and this even after doing all the things possible to make sure it's the system default profile. I get the feeling Windows 10 is a virtual machine hiding in plain sight.

What can I do to get text selection working? What can I do to get Windows 10 makers to fix the Color Management System? Answers, suggestions, or comments welcome.

:)

xowhiplock, Apr 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 upgrade - selected text won't stay selected

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

As per the description I understand that selected text does not stay selected while pressing Ctrl+C to copy the content.

As you are using the laptop, this issue might be with the inbuilt touchpad/ keyboard.

I suggest you to use external mouse and keyboard, try to recreate the above scenario and check if it persists.

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 18, 2019
  3. How to change Desktop selection box color

Try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type in regedit into the text box and press Enter.

• Follow the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors.

• On the right pane, look for the value of HotTrackingColor.
    Select a color and copy your color numbers

http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm

It is given in three values representing the ratios of red, green and blue that range from 0 to 255.

• Enter values that mix to the color you want to have.

• Repeat the above step for the value of Hilight.

• Restart the computer.

Helder Carvalho Quaresma, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active

Windows 10 upgrade - selected text won't stay selected

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about selecting the text in Windows 10.

I would like to inform that there is no such settings to choose the text, you can hold the left click button from one hand, and drag the touchpad cursor to choose the text. Later, you can right click on the selected text to copy.

Also, as you have mentioned you can double left click on the word you like to select.

You to provide this as a feedback to Microsoft, follow the steps below to write your valuable feedback:

1. Type Feedback in the
    Search
    box on the Task bar.

2. Select Windows Feedback.

3. Click on Add new feedback
    and write your feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further assistance on Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active

1. Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active - Similar Threads - Text Selection Staying

2. How do I get a color profile to stay selected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a color profile to stay selected?: I have a new laptop HP Spectre x360 and noticed the display was coming across very yellow, especially when using Adobe programs. I found a fix by changing the ICC profile from the system default to sRGB IEC61966-2.1, but I've been having to change this back every single time...
  3. How do I get a color profile to stay selected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get a color profile to stay selected?: I have a new laptop HP Spectre x360 and noticed the display was coming across very yellow, especially when using Adobe programs. I found a fix by changing the ICC profile from the system default to sRGB IEC6196602.1, but I've been having to change this back every single time...
  4. How do I get a color profile to stay selected?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get a color profile to stay selected?: I have a new laptop HP Spectre x360 and noticed the display was coming across very yellow, especially when using Adobe programs. I found a fix by changing the ICC profile from the system default to sRGB IEC6196602.1, but I've been having to change this back every single time...
  5. Background color of selected text

Background color of selected text: In Windows and many applications, the contrast between the background color and the color of selected text and other items e.g. emails in Outlook is very poor. I am not ready to go to the full high-contrast mode not old enough yet!. How would I change the background color...
  6. Why won't my default audio playback device stay selected and have problems staying stable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't my default audio playback device stay selected and have problems staying stable?: I'm using a zoom l12 mixer. It connects to my computer via USB. I've said it as the default playback device and communication device, and when I play games all the audio cuts out until I disable it and re-enable it and then it's good for 5 seconds or 5 min. And then all the...
  7. ICC Color Profile not staying applied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ICC Color Profile not staying applied: Been trying to set up an ICC profile on my desktop as my colors seem washed out. I have an ASUS VG248QE. Every time I apply the profile I can see the change take place but as soon as I close out of color management it reverts back to normal. I check the boxes for using my...
  8. Windows 10 - Selected text does not stay selected

Windows 10 - Selected text does not stay selected: When I initially click and drag to select text, then release the left mouse in preparation for the next step, whatever that might be, the highlighting disappears. This happens repeatedly, in Word, on the Internet, in Excel, in OneNote, wherever on the computer since the...
  9. file explorer won't stay open at selected file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer won't stay open at selected file: I would like the file tree to stay open at a selected file until I'm done working in that file! Is there a switch in settings that I can change?...
  10. "Open With" select program don't stay selected

"Open With" select program don't stay selected: Hello... I have a Jpeg file and when I use Open With and select what program I want to use to open the file, put a check mark to always use this program it doesn't do such. It will open the file with the program I selected, but once I close the program and try to reuse it...