Windows 10: Text selection

Discus and support Text selection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DorothyKaltz, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Text selection

I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very frustrating. Do I do nothing, or go poking around and screw up something else?

What is wrong with text select/copy selection. In is in all programs.

:)

DorothyKaltz, Dec 29, 2018

2. predictive text - windows 10 mobile

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I Understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow the steps below and check if predictive text can be turned back on.

• Navigate to Settings > Keyboard and
    • Select the desired language.
    • Select the Option to turn off the “suggest text
    Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Text selection

Using predictive text on E72

up key to select the text you typed instead of the suggested word.

down key to choose from a list of suggested words and the text you typed.

dupersuper---01, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Text selection

1. Text selection - Similar Threads - Text selection

2. I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text: I am trying to select text in documents and web pages. When I use the left click hold function on my mouse, the highlighted text does not remain highlighted. It takes my MULTIPLE attempts for it to select it. Windows 11 PRO: Dell Inspiron Computer IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU...
  3. I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text: I am trying to select text in documents and web pages. When I use the left click hold function on my mouse, the highlighted text does not remain highlighted. It takes my MULTIPLE attempts for it to select it. Windows 11 PRO: Dell Inspiron Computer IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU...
  4. Why does my brand new Windows 11 computer not allow me to select text with my cursor, so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my brand new Windows 11 computer not allow me to select text with my cursor, so...: Why does my brand new Windows 11 computer not allow me to select text with my cursor, so that I cannot use copy/cut and paste.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-brand-new-windows-11-computer-not/98b1ae30-bf96-45fd-bce5-5dfc7ab2e33f
  5. Why does my brand new Windows 11 computer not allow me to select text with my cursor, so...

Why does my brand new Windows 11 computer not allow me to select text with my cursor, so...: Why does my brand new Windows 11 computer not allow me to select text with my cursor, so that I cannot use copy/cut and paste.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-brand-new-windows-11-computer-not/98b1ae30-bf96-45fd-bce5-5dfc7ab2e33f
  6. Why wont my shift key work for selecting non-contiguous text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my shift key work for selecting non-contiguous text?: Hi all,I've recently encountered a problem where I cannot select non-contiguous text anymore i.e word, online website etcWhen I try to do so now, for example I try to select 2 different words from a website, instead of selecting the desired word when using shift it will...
  7. Why wont my shift key work for selecting non-contiguous text?

Why wont my shift key work for selecting non-contiguous text?: Hi all,I've recently encountered a problem where I cannot select non-contiguous text anymore i.e word, online website etcWhen I try to do so now, for example I try to select 2 different words from a website, instead of selecting the desired word when using shift it will...
  8. When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections,...: When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections, the selected text file and also the previous selected text file. How do I stop windows 11 from accessing and displaying the previous text file selection? This has nothing to do with...
  9. When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections,...

When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections,...: When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections, the selected text file and also the previous selected text file. How do I stop windows 11 from accessing and displaying the previous text file selection? This has nothing to do with...
  10. Combo box not showing full Unicode text when an item is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combo box not showing full Unicode text when an item is selected: Issue DescriptionWhen items in the ComboBox list contain non-English text i.e. include characters that span multiple bytes, selecting those items results in the text being truncated in the selection field. This truncation also occurs when setting text in the ComboBox using...