Windows 10: Text selection

Discus and support Text selection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DorothyKaltz, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Text selection

I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very frustrating. Do I do nothing, or go poking around and screw up something else?

What is wrong with text select/copy selection. In is in all programs.

:)

DorothyKaltz, Dec 29, 2018

2. predictive text - windows 10 mobile

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I Understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow the steps below and check if predictive text can be turned back on.

• Navigate to Settings > Keyboard and
    • Select the desired language.
    • Select the Option to turn off the “suggest text
    Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Text selection

Using predictive text on E72

up key to select the text you typed instead of the suggested word.

down key to choose from a list of suggested words and the text you typed.

dupersuper---01, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Text selection

1. Text selection - Similar Threads - Text selection

2. Cannot select text in one specific cell in Excel 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot select text in one specific cell in Excel 365: Am trying to select text in a cell in Excel365 to change it to strikethru but cannot select it by any means - double click just moves the cursor - SHIFT Arrow left/right does the same. I can delete it, but not select it. Other cells work correctly. Any ideas?...
  3. "Selecting text" anywhere on my computer software. Only selects the whole line of text with...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Selecting text" anywhere on my computer software. Only selects the whole line of text with...: Hi, I am having trouble selecting text word-by-word. I can only select whole lines or paragraphs by ONLY clicking three times. I have no choice and this makes it difficult editing work like placing BOLD on certain words or underlining or cut and paste sentinces....
  4. Alt+Tabbing to Mail app selects ribbon instead of the email text

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+Tabbing to Mail app selects ribbon instead of the email text: Hello, I've been having this problem recently (after the last update?) where alt+tabbing to the Windows Mail application selects the "Format" button in the menu instead of the email I was writing. Eg: I'm writing an email on mail, I alt+tab to notepad, copy text, alt+tab back...
  5. Background color of selected text

Background color of selected text: In Windows and many applications, the contrast between the background color and the color of selected text and other items e.g. emails in Outlook is very poor. I am not ready to go to the full high-contrast mode not old enough yet!. How would I change the background color...
  6. How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10: Have you ever wanted to change the highlight color to another color whenever you highlight a selected text? Usually, a person would change background colors because they would find the default colors boring or bland and want a unique or grand color to be displayed. This...
  7. How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?

How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?: I found a way to change the text color, but never the blue background color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-color-of/9297e5cf-dc7d-4cd4-9c8b-b8764d0848ad
  8. How can I select a specific column file names of text from the notepad content to copy over...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I select a specific column file names of text from the notepad content to copy over...: Have been able to get a file listing in text form that was placed in notepad. There are several columns e.g. size, date, file name, etc. Want to just copy the file names over to word....
  9. Selection Text in MS Word is in black instead of grey/light blue

Selection Text in MS Word is in black instead of grey/light blue: Whenver I select a text not hightlight it turned to pure black instead of the default grey/light blue selection. I already tried reinstalling, turning off speech recognition and repairing office 365, but still the same....
  10. can't select text properly with ctrl+shift since past few months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't select text properly with ctrl+shift since past few months: so recently i got this weird issue where i can't select more than one line by holding ctrl+shift then tapping the up arrow key, it's been 2-3 months since this and i have done clean install twice in meantime which didn't fix it. I am wondering if my keyboard developed a...