Windows 10: Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same

Discus and support Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a 3840x2160 and text size is set to the recommended 150%. Text size changes on its own to a smaller font - though it still says 150%. Can get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidAmiot, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same

I have a 3840x2160 and text size is set to the recommended 150%. Text size changes on its own to a smaller font - though it still says 150%. Can get it back to "normal" sometimes by toggling the size and doing a reboot. This happened occasionally but, the last couple of days happens constantly. Windows 10 w/ auto update turned on. What can I do to stop it?

:)

DavidAmiot, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Icon & text size

To resolve your concern, we’d recommend that you follow the steps provided on how to change the font size. Here’s how to do it:

• Right-click on desktop and select Display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size. Select the item you want to change in the drop-down list and choose the text size.
    • Click on Apply.
    Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Apr 25, 2019
  4. layman Win User

Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same

How do I change the font size of the text displayed

I have not tweaked anything but find that the font size of the text displayed (say of TenForums) has reduced. I have tried Settings-> Display. It has only two options : Default (100%) & 150%. If I set it to 150%, everything including Desktop & Taskbar are affected. I tried changing the font size in Control Panel -> Display -> Change only Text Size ->Message Boxes, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

layman, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same

1. Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same - Similar Threads - Text size changes

2. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  3. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  4. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.: Hello, i have a issue with windows where it thinks my second monitor is smaller than my main one, they are the same size, 32 inches I think this may be because my main monitor is 3840 x 2160 while my secondary one is 1920x1080, its getting annoying as I can only move over a...
  6. windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.: Hello, i have a issue with windows where it thinks my second monitor is smaller than my main one, they are the same size, 32 inches I think this may be because my main monitor is 3840 x 2160 while my secondary one is 1920x1080, its getting annoying as I can only move over a...
  7. windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Text size slider disappeared in display settings

Text size slider disappeared in display settings: I have windows 10 with the latest updates. I have been using 2 displays one on my 2019 dell inspiration laptop and another on a Samsung 27 in monitor connected with HDMI. I was using the Samsung monitor on a different computer while using the laptop. The laptop was not...
  9. Display Text Size Changes On Bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Text Size Changes On Bootup: Since updating to v.1903, the system has twice changed the display text size upon bootup. Screen resolution is set at 1280x960 with a 125% text size. This has been the settings since W10 was installed. It appears that the text size reverts to 100% and the desktop icons shrink...
  10. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...