Windows 10: Text size changes in display

Discus and support Text size changes in display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oldyeller38, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Text size changes in display

I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described.
    I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size it might stick for a couple of days then return to 9.

:)

oldyeller38, Jan 3, 2017

2. Blurry Fonts in Windows 10 - Community Suggestions Didn't Work

Hi

You can change fonts back to your preferred size by going to:

Settings-Display-Advanced display settings-Advanced sizing of text and other items-Change only the text size.

This will work

Hopelander, Jan 3, 2017
  3. Can't set text size of title bars

I want to change the size of text on my display. In Windows 8.1, rather than overall scaling I could set the size of certain items such as title bars by going to:

Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Advanced sizing of text and other items > Change only the text size

This lets you set the size of Title Bars and other specific items.
    However, in Windows 10 I see “Change only the text size” but it doesn’t let me change anything.
    What could be going on? How do I change those items?

huckleberry99, Jan 3, 2017
  4. SonicBlue Win User

Text size changes in display

I use Winaerotweaker to change my fonts with. It has a lot of options so try it.
    Winaero.com

SonicBlue, Jan 3, 2017
Thema:

Text size changes in display

1. Text size changes in display - Similar Threads - Text size changes

2. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  3. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  4. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  5. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  7. Mousepad: text size is changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mousepad: text size is changing: When I am using Mousepad, the text size is changing. It is an annoying issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mousepad-text-size-is-changing/65857ecf-abec-439c-b204-2e5c9162667d
  8. Display Text Size Changes On Bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Text Size Changes On Bootup: Since updating to v.1903, the system has twice changed the display text size upon bootup. Screen resolution is set at 1280x960 with a 125% text size. This has been the settings since W10 was installed. It appears that the text size reverts to 100% and the desktop icons shrink...
  9. how to change text size

how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  10. How do I change the font size of the text displayed

How do I change the font size of the text displayed: I have not tweaked anything but find that the font size of the text displayed (say of TenForums) has reduced. I have tried Settings-> Display. It has only two options : Default (100%) & 150%. If I set it to 150%, everything including Desktop & Taskbar are affected. I tried...