Windows 10: Text size issues and blurry text issues on my tablet - HP Stream 7

Discus and support Text size issues and blurry text issues on my tablet - HP Stream 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have updated my Stream 7 to Windows 10 - I am happy with how it performs, happy with it in general (although there are some things I preferred in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alexncfc, Aug 15, 2015.

1. alexncfc Win User

Text size issues and blurry text issues on my tablet - HP Stream 7

I have updated my Stream 7 to Windows 10 - I am happy with how it performs, happy with it in general (although there are some things I preferred in Windows 8.1)

One thing I am not happy with is the text size issues in Modern/"Metro" apps, and also blurry text in some Windows Win32 applications.

Before changing from Windows 8.1 to 10, I made sure to check the text size settings on there - they were set to 125%. Makes sense on a tablet of this size. I never ever had a problem reading text using Windows 8.1 on this 7" display.

However, on 10, I also set it to 125% (it even comes up as "recommended" when I go to select this 125% option) But the text looks no better off and in Metro/Modern Windows apps, the text is just too small for me to see without squinting. Check these screenshots:

Text size issues and blurry text issues on my tablet - HP Stream 7 [​IMG]

As you can see by these examples of the Facebook and Acrobat modern apps, they are just far too small to be useful on a 7" display - this is with the text for all apps etc apparently set at 125%! Hardly looks like it.

Another text issue I have is with blurry text in some dialogs. Oddly, I am wondering if it is something to with how certain dialogs are launched. I have a tool called "Network activity monitor" which I've used for years which shows the flashing network lights (absent since Windows XP) - when you click on it, it takes you to the Windows Network details box for that connection. If I click on it through the app in the system tray near the clock, the dialog looks blurry as anything. Check this out:

But if I launch it from the Network control panel in Windows (double clicking on the adapter name), look at the difference - this is how it SHOULD look and how it looked all the time in Windows 8.1:

It is sharp, and easy to read. This doesn't just apply to this network box, or else I could ignore it. It happens in other parts of Windows 10 too.

Any ideas anybody?

If anybody could offer any advice on these text issues, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm more concerned about the text size in modern apps to be honest. I simply can't read it comfortably! And I'd be much happier to stick with Windows 10 if these issues can be resolved. This is pretty much the only thing putting me off at the moment and souring the "Windows 10 experience"

Thanks

:)

alexncfc, Aug 15, 2015

2. I bought a new HP 15z 1080p, the display is blurry. How to solve the problem?

Thanks John, I did two ways you said: 1. make sure the resolution 2. updated the drivers. Unfortunately the come out is same. I changed the text size to 100%, it looks better but the text is too small and hard to see. I tried changed to 125% and 150%,
    the bigger text size the more blurry. This laptop processor is AMD A12-9720. I expected it should be much fast than my old i5 one but it is so slow. Is HP 15z 1080p something wrong?

RichardPeng1, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Need Help with External Monitors and Windows Scaling

Hello All,

I've recently purchased an HP laptop and a Dell external monitor.

When I connected the Dell monitor using HDMI cable, the apps like excel, skype etc looks blurry on it. After doing some digging online, I found that most of the people complained about the same issue. What's the best solution to solve this issue?

These are the two solutions I came across and they didn't work completely.

1. Make the external monitor as the 'primary monitor'. Done that and everything looks ultra sharp, but now the same apps look blurry on my laptop.

2. Change the 'size of text, apps to 100%' - Done that and now both are looking ultra sharp but at the cost of tiny texts on my laptop.

How do I solve the problem? Thanks so much for your help!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

iam_amjath, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Text size issues and blurry text issues on my tablet - HP Stream 7

1. Text size issues and blurry text issues on my tablet - HP Stream 7 - Similar Threads - Text size issues

2. Blurry Text Issue - ongoing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry Text Issue - ongoing: Hi everyone,I've been having an issue for a long time now where text in the window is sometimes blurry. It only ever really affected my SteelSeries GG app so I suffered through it after there was no quick fix I could find. Now, I just updated to the new version of outlook and...
  3. Blurry Text Issue - ongoing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry Text Issue - ongoing: Hi everyone,I've been having an issue for a long time now where text in the window is sometimes blurry. It only ever really affected my SteelSeries GG app so I suffered through it after there was no quick fix I could find. Now, I just updated to the new version of outlook and...
  4. blurry text, displaced text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry text, displaced text: HeyWhen im on my native resolution 2560x1440 the apps and text are too small. When i change scale to 125% it's perfect size but some of text in apps are displaced, like out of order you arent able to read what it says, you can see the top of the letters but cant fully read. I...
  5. blurry text, displaced text

blurry text, displaced text: HeyWhen im on my native resolution 2560x1440 the apps and text are too small. When i change scale to 125% it's perfect size but some of text in apps are displaced, like out of order you arent able to read what it says, you can see the top of the letters but cant fully read. I...
  6. blurry text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  7. blurry text

blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  8. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  9. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...