Windows 10: text suggestion won't turn off Laptop Windows 10 facebook posts

Discus and support text suggestion won't turn off Laptop Windows 10 facebook posts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; PLEASE HELP I switched all these items Settings/ typing to 'OFF' BUT IT IGNORES ME and continues choosing it!. Almost every time I post something on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JOANCLOW, Oct 6, 2018.

1. JOANCLOW Win User

text suggestion won't turn off Laptop Windows 10 facebook posts

PLEASE HELP I switched all these items Settings/ typing to 'OFF' BUT IT IGNORES ME and continues choosing it!. Almost every time I post something on face book this TEXT SUGGESTION, or whatever it's called, has changed my post to say something RIDICULOUS I never intended to say. Why won't it turn OFF!?? I am referring to my Laptop Windows 10 and not to OFFICE, which I don't have!!.

:)

JOANCLOW, Oct 6, 2018

2. text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Oct 6, 2018
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Msap14 Win User

laptop won't turn on

Dell Latitude D800

few hours ago i turned the laptop off by going to start menu, shut down, on an xp machine. the computer shut down normally but now when i try to turn it back on, nothing happens for a good 30 seconds then the HDD lights and power lights come on for a few seconds then turn off.

it's weird becasue, from what i have seen, the lights usually come on right away then turn right off (in similar situations) but this thing doesn't even try to turn on for a bit. What could be wrong?

things i have tried:
    -removed RAM, battery, wireless card, HDD... nothing happens
    -held power button for 10 seconds with battery in and out of machine while and while nt plugged in
    -Different power adapters

i am going to check the cmos battery but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Msap14, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. text suggestion won't turn off Laptop Windows 10 facebook posts - Similar Threads - text suggestion won't

2. Windows 11. text indicator won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11. text indicator won't turn off: I just got a new Windows 11 desktop and was trying things. I turned on the text indicator and now it won't turn off. Yes I went to Accessibility - cursor - and switch it to off.. I restarted.-- then it was still there???So far not a Windows 11 fan for a number of reasons....
  3. Windows 11. text indicator won't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11. text indicator won't turn off: I just got a new Windows 11 desktop and was trying things. I turned on the text indicator and now it won't turn off. Yes I went to Accessibility - cursor - and switch it to off.. I restarted.-- then it was still there???So far not a Windows 11 fan for a number of reasons....
  4. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?: I keep trying to turn off predictive text and suggestions on what i should type, but nothing seems to work. I have tried going into settings and turning off predictive text for the software and hardware keyboard, but neither have solved the problem. I also tried downloading...
  5. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?: I keep trying to turn off predictive text and suggestions on what i should type, but nothing seems to work. I have tried going into settings and turning off predictive text for the software and hardware keyboard, but neither have solved the problem. I also tried downloading...
  6. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 hardware keyboard Typing suggestions won't turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 hardware keyboard Typing suggestions won't turn off: Hi there, i've basically got this issue.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-turn-off-word-suggestion-when-typing-i/c030374e-72f7-40c0-b4f7-545e9e1b4109 so i tried out the typing suggestions feature in windows 10,...
  8. Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware keyboard...
  9. Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might...
  10. Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17035, Microsoft is introducing the ability to see text suggestions while typing on a...