Windows 10: Text that disappears from menus

Discus and support Text that disappears from menus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, I have a strange problem with text that disappears in all kinds of software I use. Sometimes it disappears completely and sometimes becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alfasi, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Alfasi Win User

Text that disappears from menus

Hey, I have a strange problem with text that disappears in all kinds of software I use. Sometimes it disappears completely and sometimes becomes strange symbols as in the picture attached.
    I have Windows 10 on a stationary computer.
    I scanned for viruses and everything look fine.
    I even did a Fresh Start action that erased all the software from the system and updated the windows to the latest version, did not help.
    Does anyone know what it is?

Text that disappears from menus [​IMG]

Text that disappears from menus [​IMG]

:)

Alfasi, Oct 21, 2018
  2. wsfeng Win User

Windows10: all menu text disappeared! Help!

Hello,

Something is wrong with my Windows 10. A few days ago, all menu text disappeared! Initially, reboot the system would resolve the issue. But now reboot the system doesn't help at all. I tried to reset the system yesterday, it doesn't work either.

For example, if you click on the network button on the right bottom corner, a list of available wifi networks will be displayed. But what I get is only a list of the wireless icons, all the network names are disappeared.

However, if I login as a different user (Administrator), the menu text are back.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

wsfeng, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Text randomly disappears in most programs

After installing creators update, the text in most programs would disappear randomly, making them impossible to use.

Symptoms before this happens:

• Computer usually hangs (sometimes even mouse cursor freezes) for at least a few minutes
    • If I happen to have task manager resource monitor up at the time of the freeze, read/write would be 0kbps, yet disk usage is 100%
    • Usually I'd have some kind of CPU/GPU intensive program open like a game, but it's always minimized. In other words my computer never hangs while actually playing the game

Programs with missing text or glitched text:

• Desktop. Some letters get replaced with weird symbols, and hovering over icons with mouse would turn text a blurry black colour (see screenshot below)
      Text that disappears from menus AvPJhKo.png
    • MS Paint
    • Explorer (hovering over icons would cause text to disappear)
      Text that disappears from menus fiWUrKo.png
    • CMD (completely blank black screen)
    • Any windows prompts or confirmation popups
    • Games
    • MS Office apps like Word
    • Text that disappears from menus Qc8O7BF.png

Programs that don't get affected:

• Internet browser (even foreign characters display fine)
    • Windows context menus, like when you right click
    • Task bar and start menu

I'm assuming something crashed, like fonts? But it's very weird why some programs or features don't get affected.

I Googled this and only found two "solutions", run SFC scannow, or uninstall "Comodo firewall". I've already ran SFC with no errors, and I don't have Comodo installed. Graphics drivers are all up to date (Intel HD + Nvidia Optimus). Also my issue is different as some programs aren't affected.

Simply restarting computer will fix this, but I'd like to find out what's causing it, as it's happening almost every day.

Thema:

1. Text that disappears from menus - Similar Threads - Text disappears menus

2. Text disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text disappeared: So I added text to the bottom of all my home videos so as you watch them you can see the dates in the corner now a year or do later all the text are missing on all my videos what happend and how do I fix it thank you for any help...
  3. Text disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text disappeared: So I added text to the bottom of all my home videos so as you watch them you can see the dates in the corner now a year or do later all the text are missing on all my videos what happend and how do I fix it thank you for any help...
  4. Menus Texts Disappear After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Menus Texts Disappear After Windows Update: Today after I updated my Windows from the regular scheduled update, my all the captions and context menus are now invisible see screenshot below. I am wondering what's the remedy to fix the problem? I am using a Surface Go....
  5. Text sporadically disappears from Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text sporadically disappears from Windows: Different pieces of text are randomly disappearing from my PC. On my task bar, only half the text disappears, and half the time the icons go as well. On File Explorer, most files and folders are missing their names. On windows apps, including the driver manager and task...
  6. Text disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text disappearing: Yesterday many of the texts in File Explorer and other programs started disappearing. I could see the file/folder/program icons, but where the file/folder/program names were supposed to be there was blank space. Later, I could see the top half of the text but not the bottom...
  7. disappearing text

disappearing text: The text on my screen intermittently comes and goes, on web sites. Not a problem on Microsoft office applications and only on some websites, like LInkedin. I have tried clearly all cookies and caches from browser. [ATTACH]...
  8. Text disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text disappeared: In one file in WordPerfect, my text has disappeared. It is still in the "Reveal Code" section. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-disappeared/cf52eaa6-7140-48da-b1e5-bbe668130866
  9. Drop Down Menus disappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop Down Menus disappear: When I select an icon, the drop-down menu appears when I mouse over to select from the DDM, the DDM disappears. Examples: Outlook: I click on the send to the button, I mouse down on the list (DDM) and the list of names disappears. OneDrive: Click on the OneDrive syncing...
  10. Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any...

Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any...: I've had this issue for several months now and have been managing by restarting my laptop every time. Frequently, whenever I open programs like Microsoft Word or Excel, or try to edit text in Adobe Photoshop, virtually all text from Windows disappears and it's impossible for...