Windows 10: Text to speech not working

Discus and support Text to speech not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop which I had brought a year ago . the issue is that when I listen PDF books using read aloud or text to speech feature, it is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by satvirsingh1, May 21, 2019.

1. Text to speech not working

I have a laptop which I had brought a year ago . the issue is that when I listen PDF books using read aloud or text to speech feature, it is working fine in books which are written in English but when I tried to do the same with Hindi written books it is not able to give a correct speech but instead it is giving very weird speeches even after selecting a Indian speaker. Help me regarding this.

:)

satvirsingh1, May 21, 2019
  2. freda Win User

text to speech

Do you heard of software which can read text in any application and convert text to mp3, wav, ogg or vox files? I known one - Alive Text to Speech , but it is not a free software, i can use it for 20 days.

Do you recommend a free software?

Thank you!

freda, May 21, 2019
  3. Text to speech is no longer working

Hi,

To better assist you with the Text to speech issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which OS build version is currently running on your phone? To check, just go to
      Settings> System> About> More info.
    • Are you getting an error message or code?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, May 21, 2019
  4. enrix Win User

Text to speech not working

word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

Hello

I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

enrix, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Text to speech not working

1. Text to speech not working - Similar Threads - Text speech working

2. Speech-to-text not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech-to-text not working: yes, I have read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-not-available-in-current/9147ad8e-138c-4128-85b6-b78d88d3ea38 and it does not answer my problem.I tried Windows > H and got a bar at the top of the screen with a message saying Download...
  3. Speech-to-text not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech-to-text not working: yes, I have read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-not-available-in-current/9147ad8e-138c-4128-85b6-b78d88d3ea38 and it does not answer my problem.I tried Windows > H and got a bar at the top of the screen with a message saying Download...
  4. Speech-to-text not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Speech to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech to text: Hello!In the past when i press the windows button and the letter h, speech to text will normally work. Now it is no longer working.Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-to-text/5c51e32e-5082-43dc-8a32-5ce5835cf0b9
  6. Speech to Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech to Text: In an online lecture and wanna take notes without having to type. I know with macs you can double tap the FN key to activate a speech to text thing that will take whatever a prof is saying and write it down in a word doc. How tf do I do this on windows? submitted by...
  7. text to speech

text to speech: I am trying to locate other united states female voices to add but can't locate them. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-to-speech/99702a97-6694-4e10-a2b4-614a713ce8db
  8. Text to Speech not working

Text to Speech not working: I'm running Windows 10 Version 1809 (Build 17763.557) and I have English (India) as the system language. The text-to-speech settings shows 2 voices, i.e. Microsoft Heera and Microsoft Ravi, but the preview button doesn't playback any audio/voice. Therefore, when I'm...
  9. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech: Text to Speech identifies the acronyms incorrectly: Example: NM is spoken 'nanometer'. Reading Aviation material the NM is 'nautical mile' and VOR is not 'voor', it is V.O.R. There are more. I would like to modify TEXT to SPEECH speech file or dictionary relative to what...
  10. Text-to-Speech is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text-to-Speech is not working: Unfortunately Cortana is not working on my Windows 10 PC. This is the only problem since other features are working well. I have an US English language pack installed. I did some troubleshooting like installing updates and reinstalling audio drivers...