Windows 10: Text to Speech

Discus and support Text to Speech in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eric Graig1, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Text to Speech

Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It took me a while to get used to it, but I liked it. All of a sudden, in the middle of having the computer read back some text in a Word document, the voice changed back to the synthesized sounding one. I have scoured the internet and the help and have not been able to find anything about how to activate the natural sounding voice. My only English options are Microsoft David, Zira and Mark.Any ideas about this?Thanks?

:)

Eric Graig1, Oct 20, 2022
  2. freda Win User

text to speech

Do you heard of software which can read text in any application and convert text to mp3, wav, ogg or vox files? I known one - Alive Text to Speech , but it is not a free software, i can use it for 20 days.

Do you recommend a free software?

Thank you!

freda, Oct 20, 2022
  3. Lex Del Win User
    Speech For Phone Accessibility

Hi Chanty,

To set up Speech, please follow the steps:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap Speech.
    • Tap Read aloud incoming text messages.
    • Select from the following:
      • Always on
      • Bluetooth and headsets
      • Bluetooth only
      • wired headset only

For Text to speech settings, follow the steps below:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap speech.
    • Set desired options.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, Oct 20, 2022
  4. EdTittel Win User

Text to Speech

Autoscroll function and speech to text?

Dear Rarara!
    You should find this MS Support article "Use Speech Recognition" both interesting and helpful. I agree with the previous poster that 3rd-party products (such as Dragon Naturally Speaking, in addition to his suggestion) are better for those in need of more serious and capable speech to text solutions.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 20, 2022
Thema:

Text to Speech

1. Text to Speech - Similar Threads - Text Speech

2. Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?: Dear Microsoft support,I am trying to download Croatian TTS male voice Matej, but among all other languages/options Croatian TTS is not available for download :https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/download/details.aspx?id=27224however it is listed as supported and available here...
  3. Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?: Dear Microsoft support,I am trying to download Croatian TTS male voice Matej, but among all other languages/options Croatian TTS is not available for download :https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/download/details.aspx?id=27224however it is listed as supported and available here...
  4. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  5. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  6. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What's the best professional text-to-speech software, and what's the best professional...

What's the best professional text-to-speech software, and what's the best professional...: I want to buy AI text-to-speech software that will read web pages to me and sound natural. What the best one? I also want to buy speech-to-text software so I can type with my voice. What the best one? Ideally it can learn names and new slang also. Currently use PC. Could...
  8. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10: Hi,This started a while ago and it feels out of nowhere. I stream with a tts website open to read chat messages but suddenly, it stopped playing audio. At first I thought the website I was using was busted but no other tts site worked either. I then thought the tts on my pc...
  9. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10: Hi,This started a while ago and it feels out of nowhere. I stream with a tts website open to read chat messages but suddenly, it stopped playing audio. At first I thought the website I was using was busted but no other tts site worked either. I then thought the tts on my pc...
  10. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10